April 19, 2024, 10:48:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone help me please  (Read 5156 times)
tony b

« on: December 03, 2009, 02:05:08 PM »

me trike is almost there ,just rubber hoses and daft things to do now before i strip and clean and paint it all,the problem i have is i cant do wireing,a mate said hed help but too busy at the moment and i want it on the road for spring,does anyone live anywhere near me who could help,even if i have to drop it off at yours ,i cant pay much but am willing to help with your build and make tea and bring biccies,

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
madron

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

i cant wire as someone once said electrics like water he said he meant flow after he woke up but i simplyfied a basic wiring diagram that even i could follow if interested pm me your email and could let you have a copy
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »

You got it wrong, it's smoke, this explains it.....

Auto electrics

Electricity isn't like water, that’s nuts, and forget all that nonsense about magnetic fields and the flow of electrons along a conductor, for it's just that - nonsense, a myth put about by auto electricians to support their lavish lifestyle at your expense. The reality is ... smoke!  When you think about it, it all becomes startlingly obvious – smoke makes all electrical things function, if smoke escapes, the component stops working. For example, the last time you had to grovel under the car to replace the starter motor, didn’t it start smoking before it ceased working? - of course!

The wiring loom on your car carries smoke from one device to another, pumped around the system by the alternator, and when a wire springs a leak it lets all the smoke out and everything stops. Starter motors require lots of smoke to work properly, so they have very thick wires going to them. The battery stores up lots of smoke dissolved in battery acid, which is why they were once called accumulators, until it became apparent that we unwashed home mechanics would twig to the secret. Naturally, if you try to dissolve too much smoke in your battery it will escape through those little holes in the top, which is why those batteries with sealed tops explode when they get too much smoke in them.

With regard to Joseph Lucas and his wrongfully sullied reputation, why is he so maligned? Why are Lucas components more likely to leak smoke than, say, Bosch? Because Lucas is British, and all British made things leak. British motorcycles leak oil, British sports cars leak rain, British brakes leak fluid, and British governments leak military secrets. So naturally,  British electrical components leak smoke!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »

You can do it yourself. It's quite straightforward if you take your time and learn how each bit works as you go along!

Once learnt you will never forget it and will have a usefull skill for the rest of your life.

Love that smoke thing Bobbi..... Brilliant  Grin Grin Grin

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
voodoo

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »

Where are you located?.....Ive made up a few looms over the years and might be able to help out...Voodoo......

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
tony b

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »

im just off the M6,st helens mate ,bit too far me thinks.

Donut

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 09:15:45 PM »

Do it yourself I managed so anyone can. I used 56m of wire to do my one which gobsmacked me!!  Real sense of achievement when the old baby fired up and all the lights etc worked.

Donut
tony b

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 10:26:17 PM »

where ya at ,donut

Donut

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 10:44:14 PM »

North East Bonny Scotland, which probably is of no help whatsoever!!
Forgot to mention I used a box "smart brain box" about the size of a cig packet and takes all the worry out, you can mix led and normal lights (it works it all out and makes indicators blink at the correct rate) built in hazard lights - basically all singing all dancing for approx £120- grudged the cost initially but in hindsight was worth far more that this, I run 6 tail lights, 6 brake lights and 2 indicators with no probs at all.
Hope this helps.
PM me if you want to chat about it
ROD

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »

Tony B...It really isnt that difficult if you split it down into smaller circuits for each thing. TBone's guide is easy to follow,I think he even has the formulas for how to work out the wire thickness.As donut says,the panels are easy to do also. Car builder solutions do them I think . In their catalogue they send to you ,they have basic wiring diagrams too.C'mon mate ,have a go!
SteveRedd

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 11:41:26 AM »

have a word with Trikeopath on Brit Chopper, he's a good bloke and knows lots of people in your area, also he is a constant builder of all things trike and bike

Growing up is Optional
spanners

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »

hi i,m not to far away ,, bit tied up at the mo(not too well) but i may be able to have a run over and give you a bit of a lift/point you in the right direction  Grin

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: