April 26, 2024, 12:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alloy wheel refurbishment  (Read 2073 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: November 05, 2009, 10:51:06 AM »

Recently hit a pothole in my Ford Fiesta & dented an alloy wheel rim enough for it to start leaking air & eventualy go flat. Bugger. A knackered wheel. That's gonna mean trawling the scrap yards or Ebay for a replacemet, or buying a complete new set. Either way, bloomin' expensive, especially as it's just my every day commuter car.
So I gave these guys a try.
"My Alloys" refurbish alloy wheels. Everything from removing scuffs & scrapes, to completely stripping & powder-coating them, to fixing dings & dents like mine, all done in-house at their Basingstoke workshops. Not sure if they're a one-off business or part of a national chain. Seemed very helpful & efficient & fixed my dented rim in less than 24 hours, phoning me to tell me it was ready for collection. I gave them the wheel with the tyre still on it & they gave it back re-fitted. Apparently they used a special 4 ton jack with interchangeable curved ends to match the radius of the wheel, fitted across the face of the rim & gently tweaked it back into shape. It left a couple of grip marks but they're on the inside of the wheel so don't show. If I'd been concerned about them they could've then blasted the wheel & powder-coated it in metallic silver, good as new.
They charged me £30 cash, though told me it'd normally be 45 + VAT. Worth it if you've got something unusual or old that can't be replaced.

MyAlloys Wheel Refurbishment Centre.
Unit 13,
Lion Court,
Roentgen Road
Daneshill Industrial Estate,
Basingstoke,
Hants,
RG24 8QU

01256-329444
www.myalloys.co.uk
info@myalloys.co.uk

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: