May 01, 2024, 12:34:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: grant?????  (Read 1849 times)
spanners

« on: October 31, 2009, 12:11:41 AM »

just been looking through some old ,posts, and the like ,,

it seems that  all us monkeys ever do is recycle old junk into useable junk  .I.E trike,s / hot rods and the like

doesn,t the goverment sponser and give  ,,grants,, for recycling  dont you think we should apply for one  Wink Wink

i think the application would have to be made from / by cheif monkey himself from the offiecell monkey towers  lol Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 10:26:24 AM »

Grin When the Government brought in that vehicle scrappage scheme, giving you 2 grand to scrap your motor if it's over 10 years old, we realised almost everything we own would qualfy. Let's hope they don't make that compulsory some day.
I really like the thought that we're resurrecting dead vehicles & giving them a whole new lease of life, & taking parts from the scrap bin to adapt & re-use.
I was chatting to a big Yank driver a while ago -an American car owner, not a lardy Stateside cousin. He was telling me he occasionally gets complete strangers having a go at him for destroying the planet with his huge gas guzzling automobile. We plan to add an LPG conversion to Taz's Charger when it's done -a second fuel tank in the boot that'll take Liquid Petroleum Gas, which costs a fraction the cost of petrol & gives higher mileage. So if anyone tries to moan at us we can point out that our car probably does the same to the gallon as theirs, that we've re-cycled a 40 year old vehicle & put it back on the road, rather than destroying more resources with a brand new one & that ours repaid it's enviromental debt years ago. Oh, & it'll be tax exempt too cos it's a historic vehicle!   

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
snafu

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »

Probably best to have flyers handy with all the info to shove in their hand as soon as they open their mouth Grin, going to save a lot of repetition; obviously on recycled paper, with pictures of trees, dolphins on Roll Eyes.   
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »

Grin One of my previous girlfriends had no interest in bikes at all, but would condescend to ride pillion on my trike from time to time. She soon got used to answering the same questions every time we parked up, even though she had no idea what the answers meant. 

Nomad

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »

LPG in a charger...dream on
Buffoon Grin

If all around you are losing their heads, land your helicopter somewhere else.
Firery Fred

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »

Don't mind saving the planet for little kiddy winks,just as soon as they stop traveling to and from school in cars  Tongue

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 08:20:10 PM »

Buffoon?
We'd like to be able to afford to drive beyond Guildford occasionally. With LPG conversions, you start the car on petrol, then can run on either LPG or petrol, but have to swap to LPG before shutting the motor off. So we can do all the wheel spinning, power sliding stuff on Petrol, then switch to LPG for the motorway hauling. Makes sense to me.
Oh, & it'll seriously p*ss off the restored muscle car brigade, so well worth doing.   Cheesy

spanners

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 09:21:19 PM »

Buffoon?
We'd like to be able to afford to drive beyond Guildford occasionally. With LPG conversions, you start the car on petrol, then can run on either LPG or petrol, but have to swap to LPG before shutting the motor off. So we can do all the wheel spinning, power sliding stuff on Petrol, then switch to LPG for the motorway hauling. Makes sense to me.
Oh, & it'll seriously p*ss off the restored muscle car brigade, so well worth doing.   Cheesy

you can start and run on lpg without changing over i used to do abit for the founder of the autogas association (tony rushworth) he,s semi retired and live,s in the next village ive fitted a few conversions mainly rover v8,s and council vans i can always get in touch with tony if you need any info

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 08:57:46 PM »

Thanks Mike. A long way off yet, ut we'll definitely be looking at fitting it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: