March 29, 2024, 09:03:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warwick Castle  (Read 3720 times)
tbone

« on: October 12, 2009, 07:04:45 PM »

Warwick Castle is as the name suggests in Warwick and is now run by the Madame Tussauds organisation, so after my first visit in 10 years i expected great things.... i was dissapionted.
The castle state rooms are well worth a look, as are the grounds which house a fully working trebuchet which really impressed Mrs T, who informs me `it shot for miles`.
The mill room is a hive of information and houses the chassis of a very early peugeot car.
The standard addmission price of £17.95 isn`t cheap, and does not include a visit to the dungeon which i was really looking forward to. Having paid the extra £7.50 for the dungeon, i can only say that this part of the castle was a complete waste of money, indeed, we left the dungeon before the tour had ended, it was an interactive experiance with actors used to portray the parts of various charactors based in the middle ages, this in its self was ok, the cringeing part came when fellow tour members were asked to join in the `fun`.
Mrs T commented that if she wished to be screamed at and called names then she would have stayed at home.
The history of the island that is owned by the castle now also seems to be an embarressment, as there is now no mention of the menagerie that it once housed.
Well worth a visit, not worth the full asking price (car parking is extra) and avoid the dungeon, but these are mearly my personal views.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
tbone

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:08:39 PM »

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 11:03:46 PM »

You're gonna get yourself thrown in that dungeon if you keep messing with the exhibits mate!
I last went to Warwick Castle, maybe 7 or 8 years ago. It happened to be the weekend of a medieval re-enactment meet, which made it more interesting. It's certainly a beautiful place. We hired a rowing boat & rowed past the waterfront side of the castle -suprisingly enough. It's even more impressive from there.
I was quite shocked at the prices even then though. A shame as they'd probably get a lot more visitors if they priced it more realistically. Maybe they're going for the wealthy foreign holiday makers.
Still a lovely place & worth going to at least once, just to see how good we were at this kind of stuff when Britain was still Great.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 12:13:34 PM »

When I was a youngster living in Worcestershire we used to have family outings to lots of castles and stately homes - they weren't expensive then cos we wouldn't have gone!  I remember visiting Warwick but there's no way on earth I'd pay £17!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: