April 29, 2024, 02:27:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rain!..........  (Read 2945 times)
ROD

« on: October 06, 2009, 07:02:22 PM »

Well it rained yesterday and today here in my part of Essex!
 Forgotten what it was like to have to watch the weather when leaving my tools outside! I have a bench with vise outside the garage and one inside . I prefer to work outside especially for grinding and welding duties,but there I was ducking and diving the showers trying to grind the edges of one of my pedals! So now Im back to the rain controlling what part of the trike I work on next. Always have a job in hand to do inside,  ready for a dodgy bit of weather! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »

Know what you mean Rod. The felt got ripped off the roof of our shed months ago. Needs properly re-doing but, of course, hasn't been. So now I have to remember to move the tools & any bare metal parts away from the drips inside if it looks like rain! 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 12:16:31 AM »

Ive had the lost felt fun a few times over the years so now I keep a spare roll of felt in the shed just in case...The relief of having somewhere under cover to work on stuff now is sooooooo nice lol.....Voodoo..

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 02:24:10 PM »

We plan to take our shed down eventually & build our own, twice as big, so I don't really want to spend too much time & money repairing the old one, but Winter's definitely on it's way & I don't fancy dodging the drips every time I'm in there.

renegade53

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 04:00:19 PM »

we moan when it's hot now we're moaning coz of the wet weather. RUDDY RAIN  Grin

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »

don't really want to spend too much time & money repairing the old one, but Winter's definitely on it's way & I don't fancy dodging the drips every time I'm in there.

Why not buy one of those cheap tarpaulins and some nylon cord, throw it over the roof, tie it down at the corners, and put a few turn of the cord over the top so the wind doesn't get under it - job done!  My shed was like that for ages till I got the roof done - now the rest of the shed's falling apart!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
ROD

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »

Renegade...Yup 'tis true ,typical of Brits,always bemoaning any type of weather! Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »

I hadn't thought of that Bobbi!

nabsim

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »

You mean you lot work under cover?Huh?

Thats just cheating, I thought we all did it at the side of the road?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 07:12:22 PM »

We had some gloomy news today -seems Taz & I might loose the use of the corrugated steel barn here on the estate where we live. A large storage barn with roller shutter door, light & power, plus a 2 post lift, left behind by a previous tenant who ran a car repair business from there. We bought the lift from him & will eventually swap it with Lunatic for a paint job on Taz's Charger.
Seems the estate game keeper needs a dry, rat proof storage area for the grain he feeds his birds. Our barn's the only suitable place on the estate  Sad
We'd have to swap with the large wooden shed/barn he currently uses. A bit of a comedown, but at least it's still got light & power & is right next door to the old barn. As we've had the use of it rent free, we can't really complain, but still not happy.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 09:43:00 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »

Not heard any more on the barn swap yet. Let's hope no news is good news.
This is the barn we've currently got the use of, rent free. It's where my trike is at the moment & where we planned to build up Taz's Dodge when it comes back from the bodyshop.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 10:42:59 PM »

And this is the wooden barn we'd have to shift everything into.
As I was taking this photo, a very large rat ran across the yard in front of me & disappeared under the door into the barn.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 10:44:03 PM »

One of the gun buses, used by pheasant shooting parties on the estate.

Stephen Mac

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 11:20:18 PM »

do you ever get a drive in the gun buses would be fun  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 11:45:57 PM »

Nah. I was asked last Christmas if I fancied helping as a beater -going ahead of the guns, scaring the birds up out of the undergrowth. Would be an interesting experience & I'd like to get more involved in country life here, but not sure I'd want to see all the birds we welcome into our garden being blasted out of the sky.
They've also got a converted French ambulance truck they ferry the beaters in.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: