April 28, 2024, 01:00:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The view from my pillow this morning.........  (Read 3004 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: September 30, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »

Harley and Chester

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Stephen Mac

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 08:14:27 PM »

there cute but what do you feed them on  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:17:23 PM »

Steak & chips by the look of it!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 11:50:59 AM »

I rarely feed them as I can't stop Mike giving them far too much food - he's flattered cos they always ask him so sweetly - maybe that's where I go wrong...   Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Stephen Mac

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 11:25:50 PM »

good one bobbi hope you look at this mike  Grin     i allways give in to the wife and kids cause i never win they gang up on me Grin
renegade53

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:58:43 AM »

why didn't you call 'em harley and street  Grin

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »

You lost me there Renegade..

Oh no, I'm just a bit slow on the uptake!

She's not really Harley, it's short for Harlequin cos of her black n orange face.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 09:09:11 PM »

Or Charlie & Chester.

Anyone remember Charlie Corrolli? What was the clown in the pointy hat that appeared with him called? I were taken to see his show in the local community centre in my home town of Woking, Surrey when I were a lad. Bizzarely, Taz & I drove past that same centre a couple of weeks ago, (we live about 5 miles away).
I also saw the PG Tips monkeys there before PG went PC.

-sorry. Rambling thread hijack!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:47 PM »

Charlie Cairoli WAS the white face clown in the pointy hat - can't remember the name of his sidekick tho.  There was a whoile family, we used to see them every year when Billy Smart's Circus came to Worcester.  Those were the days, the roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd.....

I love the circus, the real circus with animals and all - and I'm not ashamed of it!  When we were kids we always used to sneak around the circus in the daytime and you could see that all the animals were loved, and enjoyed what they did.

But I digress too - was going to say, I loved the circus except for clowns, I wasn't frightened like some children, I just never found them very funny.  But I was always the odd one out - I didn't like magicians, or Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck films, either!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 09:38:56 PM by BikerGran » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »

You're right on the spelling Bobbi, but not on the description -Charlie was the podgy guy with the heavy Italian accent, wearing the scary makeup & the bowler hat. I remember my little sister was terrified of him.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:11:19 PM »

Of course you're right!  Well it was a long time ago I saw him.......

I'm also wrong about seeing him in Billy Smart's Circus, according to this biog he appeared every summer at Blackpool Tower circus.  I guess the act we used to see must have been based on that of Charlie Cairoli and company.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Charlie_Cairoli
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:15:36 PM by BikerGran » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: