May 01, 2024, 12:41:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Rod Drags  (Read 11048 times)
cunningplan

« on: September 15, 2009, 06:39:10 PM »

Don't forget this is one of the best events at SCR. Its a pity that I am not going to be able to take my car this year. (Will be the first time since 1990) but I am going to be very busy over the weekend with a couple or so officials not being able to make it.
My crewman Dave will be there with his green with envy altered and of coarse our very own Black Pig Too will be making a few runs or so during the weekend.
See you there (I will down the entrance road just past the pit entrance doing the scrutineering)

For more info go to

http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk/eventdetails.asp?event=48
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 07:02:06 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
Blackpig

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »

"Black Pig Too will be making a few runs "

Anyone else up for crewing besides Doc Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »

I'll be there for the day on Sunday, but will be running about taking photos & buying stuff from the trade stalls, as well as collecting parts for Taz's car.
This one's definitely a biggie. If you've never been drag racing, this is the one to go to.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tbone

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »

I`d have loved to but will be working all weekend again!  Sad

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »

I was going to a rally on the trike this weekend but it's a long way, the forecast isn't brilliant, and the trike needs new shocks....

I could be persuaded however, to get in the car and go to Long Marston - is anyone else from here going to be camping there?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:01:13 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 11:46:01 AM »

I am BG

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 12:21:21 PM »

Great!  Have you been before?  Is the camping area far from the action?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »

No not been before and dunno. Grin

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »

Oh well at least that's two of us without a clue!

Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 03:43:10 PM »

No guys, you can camp either side of the pits, 6 inches from the tarmac if you want to, or right across the other side of the fields if you prefer more peace & quiet, (at a drag strip? Harr, ha, ha!!). Avon Park, or Shakespeare County Raceway as they insist on calling it now, used to be Long Marston airfield during the war, so plenty of room. 
Facilities are pretty basic, (their loo blocks are legendary), but there's a large Portacabin bar, plenty of burger vans, live bands, fireworks, a drive-in movie theatre showing continuous hotrod films on Friday night, lots of trade stalls selling parts, books, clothing etc, plus a turn up & sell autojumble -the Rumble & Jumble. Of course, there's also all sorts of classes of racing from Friday lunchtime onwards. If you're really desperate for something to do there's a Sunday market on the airfield too.
Oh, & the chance to sample Lesley's bacon butties & coffee at the Black Pig camp too -though make sure she doesn't catch you doing it! 

cunningplan

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 07:47:50 PM »

No guys, you can camp either side of the pits, 6 inches from the tarmac if you want to, or right across the other side of the fields if you prefer more peace & quiet, (at a drag strip? Harr, ha, ha!!). Avon Park, or Shakespeare County Raceway as they insist on calling it now, used to be Long Marston airfield during the war, so plenty of room. 
Facilities are pretty basic, (their loo blocks are legendary), but there's a large Portacabin bar, plenty of burger vans, live bands, fireworks, a drive-in movie theatre showing continuous hotrod films on Friday night, lots of trade stalls selling parts, books, clothing etc, plus a turn up & sell autojumble -the Rumble & Jumble. Of course, there's also all sorts of classes of racing from Friday lunchtime onwards. If you're really desperate for something to do there's a Sunday market on the airfield too.
Oh, & the chance to sample Lesley's bacon butties & coffee at the Black Pig camp too -though make sure she doesn't catch you doing it! 

Come on Mr Mankey don't let Jannet or John hear you say that, the loos are always kept clean with the main ones being shut during the night,while the others get wrecked by no brain people, they found parts on one loo in the club house (What a bunch of twats) then others moan of the state of them.
There is plenty of room for camping but I warn you that if you decide to set up near the toilet block, it is also next to the main generator which is on 24/7, we used to camp there all the time and you do get used to it.

See you there
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 08:47:04 PM »

Said with tongue firmly in cheek Tony.  Tongue
I much prefer Shakespeare Raceway to Santa Pod, mainly because of the people that attend. The Pod crowd seem a lot ...chavvier. Don't know why. Maybe it's easier to reach from London. Who knows. The Shakey mob always seem more proper race fans somehow. I only do two drag meets a year now, the Hotrod Drags & The Nostalgia Nationals, both at Shakey, although Taz & I did the Mopar Nationals at the Pod last year. Really looking forward to this weekend.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »

Facilities are pretty basic, (their loo blocks are legendary),

Can't be worse than bike rally loos!  Don't forget Manky, I'm one of those hardy camping peeps, unlike you!

Deffo going to this, always up for something new and exciting!   Grin

panthershaun

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 06:01:10 PM »

wish I was going  Cry Cry Cry Cry it was a ball last year but working sat morning 04.30 so I'm going to the Frames and Flames at the end of my road instead  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:58:35 PM »

And being our roving reporter for the day don't forget Shaun.  Wink
Got the new issue of Brit Chopper in the post today by the way -thanks for that mate. Some interesting stuff in there, (for those that don't know him, Shaun is an ace reporter for Brit Chopper magazine).
Being a fellow Postie, I'll be on the same shift as you, so won't be at the Drags till Sunday.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: