April 29, 2024, 03:32:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another garden visitor  (Read 7432 times)
tazet
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 06:12:40 PM »

What rabbit?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 11:22:26 AM »

A wet 'n' miserable Autumn day here, but brightened up this morning by the return of our ring necked parakeets. There's a dozen or so that live wild on the estate we live on here in Surrey. Haven't seen them for most of the Summer but now the weather's starting to turn, they're making the most of an easy meal. Nice to see them back.
There's a pheasant shoot going on here today. Taz helps with the lunchtime catering. So if the pheasants have got any sense they'll all be hiding in our garden for the day.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 11:33:56 AM »

Stupid Pheasants were everywhere on my trip to Oxford, Lichfield and Solihull at the weekend.  One of them ran or flew straight in front of my car - when I looked in the mirror all I could see was a few feathers, no body.  So I pulled into a convenient layby and got covered in blood and gore extracting the remains from my radiator grille - luckily it's a fairly solid bit of bodywork so it wasn't damaged.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 09:13:15 AM »

I doubt the pheasant was so pleased about it Bobbi!
They are stoopid though. When I pass them on the verge as I drive across the estate, they panic & actually jump out into the road in front of me, then run all the way down the road ahead of the car. How many brain cells does it take to realise they just have to hop back up onto the verge?
When they're in our garden, the males are very loud & like to bluster about, showing off, but are terrified of just about everything, from us moving aroound the garden, to a leaf blowing across the grass. The females are much quieter, but seem to have a bit more sense. They'll stand their ground & wait to see if we're going to feed them.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: