April 27, 2024, 10:20:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wooky Hole & Cheddar caves  (Read 3967 times)
cunningplan

« on: August 30, 2009, 10:14:38 PM »

Been to Wookey hole a couple of years ago, but it been a long since I went in the caves at Cheddar.
Wookey hole is not bad, but its not cheap at £15 adults and £10 for 6 to 15 year olds.
Had a good tour guide, quite funny. (the new witch was away for the day.)
Cheddar, only went into Gough's cave, a bit cheaper at £10 & £8 (I think it said it was £16 for both caves)and I thought was the better of the two with a audio tour so you could take your time to have a good look around.
Took some photos and will post when re sized.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »

That's just what I needed to know!  Got my grandchildren for a day next week and I was wondering about taking them to one or the other - an 8 year old girl and 10 year old boy - reckon they'd like it?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »

Haven't been there for several years, but remember it as a nice place to spend an afternoon. Cheddar's very popular with bikers -& the rest of the World's motoring population- at weekends, so parking can sometimes be difficult. I've always wanted to visit Jacobs Ladder -I think there's an observation tower that looks out over the gorge. Have fun if you go Bobbi.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
ROD

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »

We've been a few times over the years. Last time when the kids were young. Parked in the coach park area 'cos we had a minibus on rental . I like the area .
cunningplan

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »

That's just what I needed to know!  Got my grandchildren for a day next week and I was wondering about taking them to one or the other - an 8 year old girl and 10 year old boy - reckon they'd like it?

The kids would like Wookey Hole the best as after the trip through the cave there is lots of things to go on and watch, could spend a day there if it was fine (Mind you, there is a lot inside)
You save a fiver on a family ticket (2 adults and 2 kids)

Cheddar has only the two caves and Jacods Ladder, the reast is shops selling cider and odds and ends.
cunningplan

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »

couple of photos,

tazet
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »

Grin Great pics  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: