April 27, 2024, 11:48:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Look what I saw at the local shops!  (Read 4212 times)
tazet
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »

Not sure if that's meant as encouragement or discouragement.
I'm sure all the little things will add up but they don't cost as much individually as a panel does so I can spread the costs out easier. We use a very good contact in America to help with shipping stuff over to this country. As I've said in my thread this will not be a show winning vehicle and is not numbers matching so the aim first is to get it through an Mot once the body work is finished. All the other stuff will be done at a later date if I want to.
I'm not in any doubt that over time it will cost but that's over time. This was the only way I could afford a car like this as I couldn't shell out for a ready made one and where would the fun be in that. One thing is for sure, I'm the only female in the country to be an owner and driver, (eventually), of a Dodge Charger.
What companies have you used for parts and how do you rate them? No point in me using them if they are rubbish.
Tyke

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 07:06:59 PM »

Hi Taz,

After looking at the recent pics of your charger I think that you will have a great solid car there, when all is done. I was only offering constructive advice.

As far as parts go, I use Chris at WASP because he is a larger buyer and stuff comes through on time, and tends to be right. I had problems with US Automotive with wrong parts being sent. Year One are a last resort as they are most expensive, I've found.

I was lucky in that I didn't need to replace whole panels, just repair them. The money went on the mechanics to make it reliable and a daily driver - although I still wouldn't drive it in the rain due to the huge tendency to slide (roundabouts are a no-no when wet!)!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: