April 28, 2024, 10:36:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Trike help info  (Read 28735 times)
ROD

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »

Blimey ,between us all ,we must have a complete trike in spares!
Stephen Mac

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 04:20:11 PM »

hi everyone thanks for all the very kind offers and for making me feel so welcome if there is anything i can ever do from my neck of the woods for yous please let me know many many thanks to a kind hearted bunch of bikers and trikers  Smiley Smiley
ROD

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 05:59:56 PM »

Hi Mate
        Theres lots of info in the build up threads on here ,but if you get stuck ,just ask. I do!(and I drive 'em mad asking stupid Q's!)
            Rod
klogan45

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 06:34:44 PM »

Hello again Mr.Mac, they're a great bunch of people on here. I finished my first trike a little while back and had to ask loads of questions. Got loads of answers and would have still been sitting in a pile of bits without suggestions from people here.
At the outset I had to get some welding done as I did'nt trust my own welding, but after loads of practice and a bit of advice and paying attention to what I do I can now weld to my satisfaction.(If you knew me better you'd know that I'm very self critical so being happy with my welding is a result.)
Have a look at the trike build threads, as Rod suggested and let the insanity commence Grin Grin Grin Grin (Trike building WILL drive you mad......if you're not already Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin)
Whereabouts in this fair land are you then........would'nt be Liverpool would it?
Regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 06:36:32 PM »

We've got just as many stoopid answers as you've got questions mate.   Tongue
Some genuinely nice guys -& girls, here Steph. Even if they can't actually provide you with parts, just talking your trikey problems through with like minded builders can often give you the answer you need.
As Rod says, take a browse back through the various build threads here -most of the problems you're likely to come up against have probably already been tackled by someone somewhere. Remember, this hobby of ours is supposed to be fun! Don't take it too seriously. If things don't go right the first time, cut it up & try again -several guys here have, including me. If all else fails, lock the shed door & walk away from it for a few days -until we nag you to go back & have another go.  Cheesy

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
ROD

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 06:41:53 PM »

Im on medication for the addiction! Its taken over from my other addiction which is skip constipation (cant pass a rubbish skip Grin............... without having a nose into it!) Grin Grin
Stephen Mac

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »

Hi K,

No I am not from Liverpool.  I am from the West of Scotland, Still want to speak to me.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
ROD

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »

If we can understand you! Grin Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 06:51:34 PM »

Whereabouts? Taz & I were on holiday in Fort William back in October last year. I've been up there for my hols half a dozen times now. Love the mountains.

tazet
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »

Have a look at the Monkey map. I'm sure there are some members up your way.  Smiley
klogan45

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »

No I am not from Liverpool.  I am from the West of Scotland, Still want to speak to me.

Yeah, go on then, as long as you type in english Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hey Mr. Mac, sorry for my error you Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I was mistaken coz you put
yous
in your post. Apologies to any scousers coz I made an assumption that you all say
yous
If you don't say anything no one will notice and I won't get loads of 'Flak'. Grin Grin Grin

Regards
K
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 07:00:01 PM by klogan45 » Logged

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »

Sorry you see it that way Taz, but I can only tell it as I see it! and building anything that ends up on our crowded roads is not to be taken lightly, so i was just trying to emphasise that aspect of Trike building.It was not my intention to dissuade newcomers to "shed enginering", just to make them aware of its realities,as its difficult to judge where enthusiasm takes over from ability on times, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »

Wise words as always Morrag. We can supply the enthusiasm & advice, based on our own experience, but as it says on the homepage of the site, we're not professional builders. We'd never advise anyone to just have a go & hope it's O.K. I think there's enough responsible people here that if someone posted pics of something truly dangerous, we'd tell 'em. If you're not 100% confident in your abilities, seek out someone more qualified to help you. Safety first, always.  Wink

Stephen Mac

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 07:47:27 PM »

Hi,

I live in Newton Mearns which is between Glasgow and Ayr.  I have a brother who lives on the Isle of Mull we go there on holiday with the kids each year.  We love going there as kids have the freedom to run around.
Plasticpig

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 07:51:59 PM »

Don't be afraid to ask questions.
There are a lot of crap builds out there which could be servicable if the owners had swallowed their pride, and come on a forum like this.
If you have not done it already, have a look on E bay and look at some of the trikes which are coming up lately.
Take note of the ones you like, but also have a good look at the crap ones. There are not so many now, as they are being weeded out for spares (hopefully).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: