April 29, 2024, 04:41:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Trike help info  (Read 28738 times)
Stephen Mac

« on: August 15, 2009, 08:31:16 PM »

hi is there anywhere i can buy readymade brackets to join frame to axle many thanks stephen mac Smiley
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:01:32 PM »

If you check out the Trike tech. section of this site, you will find a comprehensive list of all things required to build a trike, the info. being of the tried and tested variety, and supplied by guys such as Mr M himself, Tbone, and many others. If you combine this with the write ups of contributors trikes, you will be well on the way to laying out your proposed project, but ready made bits, well not too many available really, as the guys mentioned on this site take pride in doing their own "thang", if you get my drift. that's what it's all about really, otherwise you might as well go off and purchase one of the proprietry kits available, which is ok if thats your bag, I suppose. Finally, nothing replaces hard learned skills, so get stuck in! but if your not confident, then take the manufacturers route, cheers, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Stephen Mac

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »

hi morrag thanks for reply idont mind trying to do most of work but getting some things done by others would make life alittle easier as im disabled but will try my best as i cant wait to get on the open road  got to make do with my wheelchair and my super slow 3 wheeled electric scooter  many thanks again stephen mac Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
tazet
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:45:15 PM »

Morag don't ba a mizzog.  Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 11:16:46 PM »

Hello Mr Mac -& welcome to the website.  Wink
Make yourself at home mate. Take a browse through the forum & you'll see most of the guys do indeed take pride in making parts themselves. However, we're also a kind of self help, mutual support kinda thingy too! Someone posted here a while ago that they'd seen our axle clamp design for sale on Ebay. They still selling them? Anyone got any 2" bore ERW spare for clamps?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
gazzagood

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 11:26:31 PM »

yes me ive got some ready sliced in half.. on me miller

I always know what I'm doing. Can you help me
PLEASE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 11:37:49 PM »

There ya go!  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Stephen Mac

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 12:37:55 AM »

hi thanks for replies i can appreciate you guys can do things that i cant sorry to bother you thanks anyway
ROD

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 04:12:26 AM »

SM where are you in the country? Ive got some plate that you could use for the flat areas of the brackets,if its any help.Can drill it ,so all you have to do is fettle it ,and get it welded to the tubes that Gazza has.
   Rod
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 04:38:32 AM by ROD » Logged
tony b

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »

hi ste mac,i might have some that i made up ,then made some more to use on my trike frame give me a day or two to see if i still have them and ill post em to ya ,send me your address as a private message and ill see if i can help ya mate ,were in the country are ya ,ill do me best but cant promise anything as i scraped a load of stuff,.ill go have a look see in a bit ,
tony b ,shabba

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 09:19:36 AM »

Hi SM. look like you going to be sorted with axle mounts, but if not get in touch with me as Iv'e just picked up some medium wall 2" tube ready to make some anyways, so another set wouldn't be out of the question.
Good luck with your build
Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Stephen Mac

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »

Hi.
I would just like to say thank you to everyone who replied.  I have contacted you all individually.   Cheesy
Sorry if you thought I wanted other people to do this for me, its just that I am doing this all by myself with no help and I am just looking for as much information as possible.    Shocked Shocked
nabsim

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »

Hi Stephen, I see you found your way here on your own so ignore the link I sent you in the nabd pm Wink

Think you will get loads of ideas and help on this site mate, good luck

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 01:38:57 PM »

Hi.
I would just like to say thank you to everyone who replied.  I have contacted you all individually.   Cheesy
Sorry if you thought I wanted other people to do this for me, its just that I am doing this all by myself with no help and I am just looking for as much information as possible.    Shocked Shocked

That's what we're here for, to help others get on the road.
We all have different capabilities, skill wise, I had to get some work done by others (I am a crap welder)

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
klogan45

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »

Hello Mr.Mac, I've got a set that just need drilling on the flanges...............any good to you. If so PM me and I'll post them. The 'shells are 5mm and the flanges are 4mm
Regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: