April 28, 2024, 02:15:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Chop MOT  (Read 6502 times)
voodoo

« on: June 30, 2009, 05:43:49 PM »

Got my mot tomorrow afternoon on the chop...everything should be ok just hope they dont notice the liquid metal and a washer ive had to use to keep the rear brake pushrod from falling out of the cylinder lol....
I can buy the whole lot new but hate to spend out huge amounts on something that I can eventually track down secondhand,or rebuild when I find the kits....Voodoo.....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:00:03 PM »

Fingers crossed mate!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 04:31:44 PM »

Well it failed on a few minor items....
No lights...headlight bulb had vibrated out on the quality roads around here...rear light has a dodgy bulb holder..wiggle wire it works....Solution...fit new front and rear light.....
No brake light from rear brake.......ok my fault I forgot to fit a switch lol......Solution...fit a damn switch...
Bottom yolk hits tank 2mm short of steering stop.......Solution cut off tank mounts and drop Tank back an inch and re-fit..
Rear reflector missing?Huh I never knew you had to have one fitted to a bike!!! according to MOT bloke its the law!
Ok off to EBay to find new lights......Voodoo......

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 05:54:45 PM »

Try browsing Dracken's site, (JWMotorcycles), in the Links page of the main site. He stocks all manner of stuff & gives a discount to forum members.

voodoo

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »

Good stuff.I will go have a nose now.....

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 10:30:50 PM »

HHmm remembered I had a nice led twin cross rear light lurking in my junk box,only trouble is last time I tried to use it I could either have brake light or rear light but not both at the same time?? anyone else had this sort of problem with LED lights?...I guess it would be down to only 1 earth and they need 1 each but before I start taking it apart and soldering bits I thought it best to ask on here first...Voodoo......

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 10:38:22 PM »

ByzMax is your man for any LED enquiries. He used to work with them & can tell you exactly what your problem is.

voodoo

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »

Spent today doing 90% of the bits,managed to get my Led rear light on and working (had to make a new bracket to fit it)....Got myself a new Bates on the way proper UK one with side light....Ordered a new brake light pressure switch as cant remember where I put the one ive already got lol....Cut off tank mounts,moved tank back 2 inch,sorted bottom mount and nearly finished making a complete new front mount that looks a bit like a alloy saddle..stick a very very small reflector on back of seat..another hour or two tomorrow and its all ready for re-test...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 03:56:59 AM »

Fingers crossed again for you -& toes too this time.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:52:23 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Clive

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 08:32:02 PM »

Mate, there's a garage just up the road from me (so not too far from you), that's a great 'chop' MoT'er! (Harewood Garage, Andover). Got my GPZ 750 through first time, and I built it!!!!!! Grin

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 01:59:26 PM »

Well it failed on a few minor items....

Bottom yolk hits tank 2mm short of steering stop.......Solution cut off tank mounts and drop Tank back an inch and re-fit..

try drilling & tapping the stop and fit small bolt, the bolt head would become the "stop" and take up that 2mm. easier than moving the tank?

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
voodoo

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »

Ive already moved the tank back,but looks good where it is now so not too fussed......but thanks for the tip..
Thanks for the MOT Station info as the one I use atm is a bit over the top with things (Hayballs) they were going to try to fail it on the front Springers as they had no idea how springers work and tried to tell me they did not compress?? in a way he was partly correct as they dont compress instead they absorb the bumps ect with the top springs lol..Voodoo

Custom Paint Spraying...
Clive

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »

The bike shop in Downton, can't remember what it's called for the life of me, is run by a 'chopper nut' as well, if that's any closer for you!!

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 06:11:34 PM »

Might that be http://www.burnoutbikes.co.uk/ ?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
voodoo

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 10:01:06 PM »

I tend to drop into Burnouts everytime I pass by......great blokes and very helpfull,had not noticed if they did MOT's or not though so will give them a ring tomorrow...Voodoo.....

Custom Paint Spraying...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: