April 28, 2024, 07:46:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant wheel swop  (Read 3121 times)
voodoo

« on: June 17, 2009, 09:45:59 AM »

Hi all....Probably and easy one for you lot but.....what wheels (apart from Reliant ones of course lol) can I fit on my Reliant axel please? cant seem to find any Robin alloys for sale on Ebay plus the Robin ones are boreing...
Been thinking of mini one's but want to make sure I get it right.....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
trev

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:36:05 AM »

some vauxhall,older type bmw,a few renault and 100 pcd 4 stud multifit.hope this helps.

yes but can blue men sing the whites?
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »

At the risk of repeating myself, but I will anyway,100mm pcd is NOT the same as the Reliants 4" pcd, so that if you change to alloys with socketed wheel nuts, you will have a stress problem!!! so beware, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
voodoo

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »

Thats the very reason I decided to ask on here as I have had this problem before with wheels and someone esle told me to fit mini wheels even though I pointed out the difference between 4x4 and 100mm....so any help appreciated...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 06:12:27 PM »

I think we've agreed to disagree on that one -been there several times already & don't really want to discuss it all again. Personally -& purely personally, I'm quite happy to run on 100mm wheels & never had a problem of any sort with them, but it's my bum in the saddle. We always say -if you're not happy with anything, then don't do it. You're responsible for your own safety & are presumably quite capable of making up your own mind.  Smiley
Check the wheel PCD chart in the Motors section here:

Wheel info
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:35:42 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:57:24 PM »

To be honest the state of that trike i got I doubt it would make a difference what wheels I bodge on it lol

Custom Paint Spraying...
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 09:29:28 PM »

Morrag is right but........ So is Mr Manky

if you use self centering nuts (They have the loose tapered section that presses into the tapered hole) you should be OK.

However....... Check the wheels for signs of damage and make sure they have a fair amount of meat around the hub area.

The ultra modern jobbies that have very small centres or the multi fit ones (ones with eight or more holes) are to be avoided especially on a hard tail trike. Width of the wheel and offset also increase the chances of a failure so avoid extra wide ones.

I'm not repeating myself but my dinner is  Roll Eyes

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
voodoo

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »

Thx for the info...lucky for me the Trike is not a hardtail and not worried too much about having wide wheels just want good looking one's lol....Voodoo........

Custom Paint Spraying...
ROD

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 08:33:38 AM »

Just my 2p's worth of PERSONAL opinion..........I wasnt happy with the 100mm pcd to 4"pcd fitting,so redrilled the hubs to 100mm. A bit of a pain ,but feel safer with it!
voodoo

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »

Got a set of Honda wheels given to me by a good bloke on here that will do the job....I also have a Mini ralley car builder just down the road from me that I might have a word with about doing some work on the brake system once I get stuck into building the Trike back up...Voodoo.....

Custom Paint Spraying...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: