May 01, 2024, 04:42:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Plough Inn custom & classic meet Sunday 26th July 09  (Read 15682 times)
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2009, 03:40:17 PM »

hhhmmmm, now Ive looked at the photos it seems it was better turn out than I thought. I was too busy to notice properley. The only downfall now is that the collection for Air-Ambulance was pi** poor, mostly my fault as didn't organise "tin rattlers" in time before most people headed off Sad
If anyone is feeling a little generous please feel to pm me for my address to send any contributions, cheques made payable to Air-Ambulance
Thank you
 Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
tazet
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2009, 09:43:25 PM »

Got your photos today Pete, (say thanks to Chrissy  Kiss ) Will add them asap. So you going to do us a write up then for the page  Wink Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2009, 10:25:07 PM »

Chrissie's piccies now online. Thank you guys.  Wink

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/ploughinn26.7.09/words.html

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
trikerpete

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2009, 07:44:11 PM »

So you going to do us a write up then for the page  Wink Grin

Yes dear  Roll Eyes, i'll do it soon i promise. ive been busy getting parts for next 3 trike builds!!!! Grin Wink

tazet
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2009, 06:44:19 AM »

Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2009, 01:57:20 PM »

A feeble excuse! Got you words today Pete. Will update the gallery soon. Thank you -& well done by the way!

panthershaun

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »

looks like a good show Pete, have to admit I've been suffering from noenthuisiasmitis for awhile now and all I want to do is hide and sleep  Embarrassed Embarrassed , I do not even have Bobcat on the road at the moment  Embarrassed but that looked like a cracking little show and if you run it again next year I would love to come down (god willing etc) pm me your address mate and I'll wing you a donation Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »

I'm sorry I wasn't there, it looks like fun - but I was camping in Normandy with my hubby - I do like to spend a little time with him now and then!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »

Pete's words now added. Thanks Pete.  Wink

http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/ploughinn26.7.09/words.html

trikerpete

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »

looks like a good show Pete, have to admit I've been suffering from noenthuisiasmitis for awhile now and all I want to do is hide and sleep  Embarrassed Embarrassed , I do not even have Bobcat on the road at the moment  Embarrassed but that looked like a cracking little show and if you run it again next year I would love to come down (god willing etc) pm me your address mate and I'll wing you a donation Grin Grin

Thanks Shaun. Just Pm'd you Smiley

Anyone else want to make a donation??

trikerpete

« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2009, 09:14:28 AM »

Panthershaun....your donation arrived today, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

If anyone else would like to make a donation...its not too late. Please PM me for address, cheques made payable to Air Ambulance. Thanks Smiley

trikerpete

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »

Took the collection tin to Air-Ambulance this morning, they are going to count it and send me receipt soon, I'll keep you informed.
Yesterday we called in at The Plough, 1st time since the event, Landord asked me about doing it again next year! He also said that several donations were made into the pubs Air-Ambulance tin which sat on the bar and will be sent off seperately.
Shall we or shant we?HuhHuhHuh? If we do then I'll have to lay down a few "extra ground rules" as I wasnt 100% happy with the day, but then again I'm a grumpy old bugger Smiley Roll Eyes

voodoo

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »

I may of arrived late but, I enjoyed what was left of the show....if its on again next year I will make sure I leave nice and early to get there, plus it now helps that I know where the pub is lol......I did throw some money in the bucket but best place would be at the pub door next year as everyone goes to grab a drink...Voodoo....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:42:49 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2009, 09:57:29 PM »

Every show has to start somewhere Pete. I admire you for even thinking of staging your own event. Don't think I'd have the guts to try it. If you didn't learn from each one & improve the next time things would very quickly stagnate. One comment I've heard was that more direction signs were needed on the day. We'll do our best to be at the next one.  Wink

tbone

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2009, 08:22:57 PM »

Yep, another one is in order, then another and another.......
As the shows organiser, your entitled to run it the way you want, every show will have some degree of legislation or chaos would ensue.
I may be misinturpretating your previous posts, but you seemed slightly dissapointed with the turn out? For the first 3 or 4 shows i`d just be happy that someone had turned up, dont aim too big too soon, and when the first thousand people turn up..........PANIC.
It`s been advertised on this site, and presumably others?and its also now featured in the events section here, that will increase the footfall (should that be wheelfall) count for next year.
Pat yourself on the back and dont think about it for a few weeks, then you can come back to it fully refreshed, just like any other project  Wink

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: