March 29, 2024, 02:00:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSVA trike lighting positions  (Read 61219 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »

Without going back to the beginning to see what kind of trike it is, I'll just say that my bike trike (GT550) has them exactly like that.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
twisted

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »

I was thinking of having the indicators on the front, motorbike style, and also on the rear mudguards. Is that allowed ?

i think it says maximum of 2 forward facing indicators. you could add them after test maybe  Wink

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Olds

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »

Twisted is correct- Forward 2 max.  Rear 2 or 4 max

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
andyrennison

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 09:48:37 PM »

Fair enough, 2 it is. Cheers guys Smiley

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
twisted

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 10:56:40 AM »

can someone help me out please. wiring nearly done but i need a bit of help clarifying this bit :
MSVA says,

4. check that front positional lamp;
a)closed -circuit tell tale is fitted. (a separate tell tale is not required if the instrument panel lighting can only be switched on or off with the positional lamp)
b)rear positional lamp and registration plate lamps fitted can be switched on and off by one operation switch.

i have wired my trike so that all the marker lights and number plate light come on when the ignition is turned to the first position and my speedo lights up. is this ok for the test?

Olds

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »

Unless things have changed, side lights etc. (position marker lights) must be capable of being switched on without the key being in the ignition switch. Looked for ages for a key switch that would allow the key to be removed in auxiliary position (used to be available) but gave up. Just fitted a separate switch that turned on lights but not headlamp. The main light switch can also switch on sidelights etc. but not without the key in.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 11:22:13 AM by Old Newbie » Logged

twisted

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »

Sad bugger. cheers O.N i will have to get a switch and the wire cutters out again then by the looks of it.

Kevgreen36

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 07:38:24 PM »

Hi, just purchased a trike from a gentleman who could not finish due to ill health, I am nearly there but believe it has 2 have double headlights on front. At the moment Harley Front / VW back. Does anyone know best place to get these.not sure how to post a photo.
terry t

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 08:04:52 PM »

Hi what trike is it?  with lights it just one at the front with high and low beam same as a motorbike and two on the back brake and tail then two marker lights on the mud guards white and red
Olds

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 08:34:16 PM »

With motorcycle type trikes, only those over 1700 mm wide need two headlamps. If this is the case then they must be within 400 mm of the outside edge of the trike with a minimum height from the ground of 500 mm and a maximum of 1200 mm.
Good places to look for lighting is ebay or CBS (Car Builder Solutions)

Kevgreen36

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »

This is my problem I think it falls under these regulations Annex 6 – Lighting Requirements for Tricycles (other than Motorcycle) and Heavy Quadricycle. , will try and post a photo
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: