April 29, 2024, 02:57:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr Critch.  (Read 18752 times)
critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2006, 05:07:24 PM »

looks fantastic manky.... its going to be a good un Wink

im very appreciative of all the hard work you and nige have done

and i an well aware im getting a bargain..........i definatly owe you one Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2006, 10:25:49 PM »

You owe us several hundred actually!  Wink
Nige, (Ska Man), spent several hours in A & E yesterday with metal dust in his eyes & has managed to do it again tonight. We were saying earlier, if you'd said you'd be back in a week or so to collect the frame we'd have pulled out all the stops & got it done, but that lull of a couple of weeks has sapped our enthusiasm. Got bogged down in it a bit so now we're faced with the traditional last minute rush to get it finished. If Nige keeps you talking outside the garage when you arrive, listen for the sound of the angle grinder -it'll be me frantically trying to finish the damn thing!  Grin
You'll have the only commissioned MMMotors frame cos we DEFINITELY ain't doing any more! Too many things on the go at the same time means it stops being a fun hobby & starts feeling like a second job.
All the triangular strengthening gussets are in & the bumper bar just needs the number plate mount welding on & the recessed light mounts doing. Meanwhile Nigel's busy filing everything in sight.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:28:13 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
critch

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2006, 03:00:55 PM »

i am honoured sir i shall endevour to complete it to the standard you and nige have set

sorry bout the hospital visit nige Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2006, 09:49:26 PM »

I got back from playing with my Jag tonight to find Nige had been busy polishing the frame till it gleams. He''s a little treasure! We've run out of gas for the welder so couldn't quite finish things -would've filled a few low spots with weld & sanded 'em back flush, but hey, we've gotta leave YOU something to do! We're curious to know what colour you've got planned for it now.
See you tomorrow Mr Critchley.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2006, 09:51:31 PM »

P.S, yes we KNOW the wheels are on the wrong sides, (directional tyres).  Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »

Well, final chapter of this build. I'll write it up a little more & re-use the piccies in the Motors section soon. Critch & his mate Stevie travelled down from Liverpool in a hire van yesterday -thanks Doro & Kris for baby-sitting them for the night by the way. Met them at the garage this morning to hand over the frame. Critchy brought me not one, but TWO Birthday cakes, both of which I've already sampled! Thank you Sir.  Cheesy
I really hope he's a happy customer. I think he was. Our one & only customer. I can understand why Chris had a breakdown & ended up closing Desperate Dans trike shop cos we were getting stressed out just building one! I'd have flung the bumper bar across the garage the other night but there ain't enough room in there to fling anything! Gonna rest on our laurels now & just build & ride our own stuff. Maybe.
Total build time was probably about 50 hours, spread over 3 weeks or so of evenings & weekends. We used something like 40 feet of 1" bore grade 3 heavyweight ERW tubing, (4mm wall thickness), & about 6 feet of 1 1/2" bore for the top tube & bumper bar, (which we didn't have time or welding gas to finish). The axle clamps were made from offcuts of 2" bore. The triangular strengthening gussets are 3mm steel plate & the only specially machined parts were the headstock bearing cups.
Total cost to Critch, 500 quid plus 50 for the bumper/number plate thingy & it's LED number plate lights. We also swapped his spare Sportster tank for my disc brake conversion. He got the caliper mounting plates & discs & just needs to get his hubs machined to fit the discs.
We had to guess at Mrs Critchley's seating position but both Doro & Critch's mate, Stevie, (both of whom are a litle vertically challenged Grin), tried it for size & pronounced it "sound". It wouldn't be a huge job to take the seat mounts off & shift them back a little anyway. 
As I said, I really hope he's a happy customer. Nige & I have certainly worked our little socks off on this one & I reckon it's well worth 500 quid of anyone's money. Gonna have a few day's break now -fed up of living in grubby garage clothes & smelling of angle grinder dust, then it's back to my own frame, which I'm going to cut up & re-do in the same style as this one.
Oh yeah, Critch says it's going to be purple by the way.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 02:20:02 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2006, 02:23:30 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2006, 02:26:12 PM »

Mr Critchley takes delivery of Mrs Critchley's new frame. Keep us informed mate. We want to see this one up & running soon! Enjoy!

critch

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2006, 10:37:19 PM »

cheers manky i am indeed a very happy bunny.. Wink Grin the bumper is now all srted bar a bit of filing and the prop is cut down i shall keep you informed.....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2006, 11:36:36 AM »

That's great. For some reason this one ended up getting us quite stressed & that damn bumper was the last straw for me. Came very close to taking the grinder to it! Glad it's safely despatched. Very glad you're pleased with it. What did MRS Critch think?

critch

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2006, 02:58:27 PM »

the grand unveiling is tomorrow and we are going to sort out the footrests bars and go to the coaters so she can deciede on a colour....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2006, 04:04:19 PM »

Bloody 'ell! You'll be on the road by the end of the week! I'd better get crackin' on my own then.
Meant to take some measurements from yours but forgot. Can you tell me the height of the front down tubes, (from bottom of bottom rail to the point where they meet the headstock). Also the height of the seat rails where they meet the back of the top tube, (again from bottom of bottom rail). Thanks. Grin

yoda
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2006, 06:26:31 AM »

the frame looks brill

and critch wheres your hair  Grin Grin Grin

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »

The outside piccies were taken in the rain so that bare metal frame is probably bright red with rust by now!

critch

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2006, 05:37:41 PM »

will do manky Wink

yoda its in the bin mate Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: