April 28, 2024, 07:45:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric...Trikes, Bikes Or Scooters  (Read 8986 times)
manfred

So many projects - so little time.....

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 01:38:32 AM »

Electric bikes ain't feasible yet, batteries ain't good enough and cost far too much.
Since every conversion costs energy, hybrids are a dead end - using the diesel to drive the wheel is more efficient.
However, a diesel bike/trike that doesn't need electrickery for the engine - now that I want.
Minimal lights. Led brake/stop & dipped headlight only, powered by a pushbike dynamo in the front hub.

Over the hill and picking up speed on the long down-hill unto DEATH.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »

Hydrogen engines are the way forward I'm told.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »

i really think people are missing the piont about electric powered vehicles. im  maybe posting in the wrong thread but to anyone wanting to drive an elect vehicle to be green - were does the electric come from Huh?? . even if they made them efficient in weight we still need coal or atomic power stations to make the electric.
also the batteries are made from minerals that comes from mines the size of scotland and are then shipped by deisel powered boats all very ungreen i would say.
willy if you want my advise try and build a gas powered trike or even better a h2o powered trike ( if you do ill go halves on the patent )

im all for green but come on

sorry for the rant

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:48:43 AM by bummer » Logged
tazet
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »

Bummer very true words.
manfred

So many projects - so little time.....

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 07:36:31 PM »

You're missing the point with electric vehicles bummer, it's so the 'boys in blue' can't hear you coming Smiley
But when you get up behind them, there's the airhorns.

Green? thats just my favourite hammerite colour.

Wot about steam power?

Over the hill and picking up speed on the long down-hill unto DEATH.
Firery Fred

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 08:47:25 PM »

Jeez how stupid was that,getting on a drag bike without a helmet  Huh

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Mr_G

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »

Hydrogen engines are the way forward I'm told.

I have to agree with the person that told you that, still some development needed but the science is coming together, put water in, separate the hydrogen from the oxygen, burn it and produce water! I was chatting to the guys at work and was laughed at, Geoff said to make it easier why not just tie a zeplin to your towbar with a feed pipe to the car, not only providing lots of fuel but reducing tyre wear as the balloon would lift the tail off the road lol.  Grin

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 10:58:35 AM »

ok i thought about it a bit more and maybe i was a little hasty .

build the trike with batteries and than stick a windmill on top, not sure what size you will need to charge the batteries ( recyled ones ) that way you charge as you drive almost purpetual motion and even at a stand still you will still be charging your sytem . you may not go for the land speed record or be able to do burn outs one you were on the move there would be no stopping you

i claim all rights to this idea and all proceeds gained  Tongue
SUMO

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »

this is as far as i got thinking - then decided i dont have enough cash and do have enough projects for the time being

these E-tek motors seem to be the way to go on the scooter front, 15hp - lightweight trike you should be good. its the battery life thats the issue but if you arent going too far you are golden - i seem to remember this guy getting about 40 miles from the whirlygig

http://revver.com/video/750661/steampunk-motorcycle/

and these are his build pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomsepe/2227452412/

also just more of the same drive mechanism...

http://www.engineeringhobbyist.com/projects/completed/barstool_racer/

SUMO

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »

even nuclear energy is cleaner than petrol mile for mile. and the technology for batteries is moving on in such a way that one of the japanese companies making electric bikes have developed a battery that is entirely non toxic / degradable and EDIBLE - in production now not on a drawing board somewhere

yes electric power isnt perfect but it is in its infancy - look at the original cars - they were bloody death traps. its new technology but its developing damn fast. the next one im loking at coming onto the market is another japanese machine - SUMO [EV-X7]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUXhJZZRUIg

92mph, 110 miles per charge, electric wheel hub motor - full-on akira territory!!!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i153/banjodave/ev-x8.jpg
Electric...Trikes, Bikes Or Scooters

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i153/banjodave/fst_ev-x7.jpg
Electric...Trikes, Bikes Or Scooters

rant over  Grin

i really think people are missing the piont about electric powered vehicles. im  maybe posting in the wrong thread but to anyone wanting to drive an elect vehicle to be green - were does the electric come from Huh?? . even if they made them efficient in weight we still need coal or atomic power stations to make the electric.
also the batteries are made from minerals that comes from mines the size of scotland and are then shipped by deisel powered boats all very ungreen i would say.
willy if you want my advise try and build a gas powered trike or even better a h2o powered trike ( if you do ill go halves on the patent )

im all for green but come on

sorry for the rant

reliantman

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 10:49:38 PM »

I like that.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »

Which one? Grin

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:39 AM »

The brunette in the second pic I think.  Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
reliantman

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »

Shes ok, but a bit skinny.
SUMO

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 01:38:57 PM »

Shes ok, but a bit skinny.

like you'd complain  !!!  Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: