April 27, 2024, 06:00:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kwaka 750 LTD starter motor  (Read 2148 times)
klogan45

« on: January 14, 2009, 07:09:11 PM »

Can anyone help out please.... my mat has a 750 LTD, which has developed a starter problem.
When he presses the button, there's a horrible graunching noise. It will eventually start....at the moment.
Can anyone tell me what this may be?
Another mate reckons that its either the starter or the starter ring gear. I had a Virago with the same symptoms but that turned out to be the starter clutch ( spragg clutch ?) I found this to be quite an easy and fairly cheap fix.
Does the LTD 750 have a spragg clutch? Or is the starter similar to that on a car? Any other ideas would be gratefully recieved. (except those that say 'get rid of the bloody thing, burn it etc Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin)
Thanks all
Regards
K
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:32:36 PM by klogan45 » Logged

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
tbone

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »

Cant remember if this is the 750 or1000 setup but either way it`ll be somethin like
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 08:32:10 PM by tbone » Logged

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
toad

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:48:44 PM »

its a fairly common fault its the springs and rollers in the assembly that get worn and weak sometimes just stretching the springs to make them longer provides a fairly good temp repair.  Wink

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
klogan45

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »

Thanks to you both for your replies. We'll probably have a look and try and sort it over the week end
I'll keep you posted
Regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: