March 28, 2024, 09:34:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MCN London Motorcycle Show.  (Read 4416 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: December 09, 2005, 03:48:42 PM »

Sponsored by Motorcycle News, formerly the Road & Race Show, this is basically a scaled down version of the NEC show, but in a nicer venue, with cheaper entry prices, & less stands all selling the same products. Less manufacturers' trade stands & more small businesses selling spares, tools etc. Makes a good afternoon out rather than a full day. Flap & I have gone on the bike for the last couple of years. Bikes have secure parking at the top of Alexandra Hill, while the plebs in cars have to park at the bottom & walk up. There's also usually a ride-out from the nearby Ace Cafe on Sunday mornings. We always stop in there for breakfast on the way anyway!
Saturday 28th January '06 - Sunday 5th February '06.
No ticket price details yet.
See Rally/Show Photos for last year's show.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 07:51:38 PM »

I've always wanted to go to that one.  Can't walk up the hill tho, and I don't have a disabled badge so if there's any disabled parking closer I can't use that.   Sad

Anyway one of the reasons I've never gone before, is cos it seems a long way and it's in the big bad metropolis and I might get lost!  I did look into going on the train but the ticket price was astronomical!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 08:11:20 PM »

Get your trike sorted & come up with us Bobbi!
It's a nicer show than the NEC one. A cosier atmosphere. Great view from the top of the hill out over the city. On a clear crisp January morning you can see as far as the Post Office Tower, Canary Wharf & that weird new "Gherkin" building, (it's just been voted best building in the world according to radio 2! Personally I'd have voted for the Chrysler Building, or Grand Central Station).
I once won tickets by nefarious means. Delivered to the local radio station. They were running a competition giving away pairs of tickets. Delivered loads of postcards with the answer on so wrote my own & entered -didn't know what the question was, just the answer. Won a pair! My then girlfriend & I went up on the train. They ran a bus service from the nearest underground station that dropped us at the door.
Riding in the city's no problem. Just like any other big town. Easy to get to, straight round the North Circular & as I said, you can call in at the Ace Cafe for their huge fried breakfast then just follow everybody else!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 07:44:05 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 09:32:16 PM »

Too far too cold!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 08:24:24 AM »

I'll be going up on the thursday. I't my tradition, every year on the thurdsay, day off, and up we go. Usually on the train, cos we have the little ones. But this time, looks like I'll be riding up!!! Grin Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 02:36:44 PM »

Gotta be a Sunday for Flap & me. We're both Posties but have different days off. Hopefuly Rainbow can join us but she works a couple of Sundays a month. There's a report on last year's show in the Rally/Show bit. Fenced off secure parking for bikes with a ticket system -no ticket, no bike, plus a charity helmet park. Seems to attract loads of bikes, unlike the NEC show where everyone goes by car.

rainbow
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 05:20:27 PM »

I am on holiday the week of the show Grin
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 05:22:05 PM »

We go thursdays, cos it's less people, and I get paid on thursdays Grin Grin Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 05:38:06 PM »

Shopping for anything in particular U.T?
Missus, the only day Flap & I can both do it is Sunday the 5th February, (the last day of the show). You still on holiday by then?

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 01:30:09 PM »

No, it's just first even tof our year, get the train up there and get completely bladdered Grin Grin

And the lads from Streetfighters are paying for it this year!! Although the wonderboy jobbins thinks it's just a pint he's paying for Wink Cheesy Cheesy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »

You got a bike on show then Mr T?

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 05:40:07 PM »

No, he just owes me a drink Cheesy Cheesy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 09:32:30 PM »

Should wear your MMMotors shirt -see how long it takes for someone to ask you who the hell they are. Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: