March 28, 2024, 04:08:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Photos.  (Read 19944 times)
tazet
« on: September 20, 2008, 02:02:17 PM »

Ok I'll try and make this as idiot proof as possible.
I will use starting a new thread as the example.

First thing you must do is re-size your photo. It must be no more than 128kb in size. eg 1 photo at 128kb, 2 photos at 64kb, and so on.
If you re-size py pixles then Manky and I use between 500 and 600. This will all depend on that quality of the photo but it works for us.

Once you have re-sized your photo you may begin.

1- Click on "New Topic"
2- Fill in the subject.
3- Write the wordy bit.
4- Click on "Additional Options" below the wordy bit.
5- Where it says "Attach" next to that is a box that says "Browse" Click on that.
6- You will now have to search for your photo. Select the photo you wish to add then click "ok"
7- If you wish to add another photo then click on "(more attachments)"
8- Repeat steps 5 and 6

Please note. If you wish to add loads of photos and no words then there must be at least a . or something in the wordy bit.

Other option.
Use something like tinypic. Upload your photo to that site then copy the box that says for forums. You can also re-size photos and link the smaller sized image. Doing it this way allows you more room for photos in one thread.

I hope this clears up any further photo posting problems. If in doubt please ask.
tazet
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:51:08 AM »

Another easy way to re-size your photos.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

It's about half way down the page. Download it to your computer then all you have to do is right click on the image and select re-size from the pop up menu. Easy  Grin
renegade53

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:21:39 PM »

Another easy way to re-size your photos.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

It's about half way down the page. Download it to your computer then all you have to do is right click on the image and select re-size from the pop up menu. Easy  Grin

it was working fine but now it doesn't i've even re-installed it. anyone any suggestions

renegade53

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:42:25 PM »

downloaded this VSO Image Resizer 2.2.2.1 (Windows) which did a better job than the faststone one. hopefully it'll work for longer than the other one

tazet
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 07:32:11 PM »

This is the link Renegade is on about

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/download-image-resizer.php

I've given it a test run and is very easy to use. Just hit the download button and follow the instructions. When loaded it'll appear on your desktop.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:32:52 PM »

I have the MS powertoys one, all I have to do is right-click the photo and it offers me the option to resize.  Very handy.

(Maybe the other one does the same but I have no experience of it.)

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
tazet
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 06:27:07 PM »

The link I put on is similar but you open it up from an icon on your desktop and the rest is very simple. You can also add watermarks etc
lunatic

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »

I cant get any of the resizing programmes above to work. I download them, then no such programme exists on my computer, despite my computer telling me its on there! I give up! Im off to put all of my stuff on photobox/bucket/ whatever!  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 10:28:13 PM »

We use the Image Processor in Photoshop. No problem.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Dagodave

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 08:34:58 PM »

still confused got lots of pictures  on i photo wot comes next  Dagodaved

dagodave
scannerzer

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 09:32:57 PM »

Hi dagodave i presume it on you i phone,easist is to get the photobucket app and upload them to that then copy the link to your posts.shout if you need more info
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: