April 27, 2024, 10:48:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: frontwheel wanted (sensible price)  (Read 4218 times)
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« on: November 24, 2005, 07:56:11 AM »

hi people, has anyone got a front wheel for sale?  a mate in southampton just failed msva with his trike, silly little things I'm told. however one of the failures was the front tyre it was rated at *57* and needs to be at least *69* this is for the weight of the trike I'm told. trouble is he cant find a *69* tyre that fits a 19" rim so he now needs an 18". ideally it would have twin discs, maybe a rear wheel could be modified to take twin discs??? anyone with any ideas please let me know.

some other things it failed on was..............

a) mirrors = they had flat lenses!

b) headlights = it has 2 car headlights very close  together  on forks, it must have one as dip and the other as mainbeam!

c) front indicators that are mounted on sides of headlight box must be removed, it does have indicators about mid length of trike which are at outer edge of body and these are OK.

d) front fog lights were 30mm too low!

if anyone would like further details of his experience with Marva drop me a line and I'll pass it on.

thanks for your time, now where is the bloody wheel. heheheheheheheheee. ride safe, ride free, ride three.                                                 

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
gypsy

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 05:56:17 PM »

A 19" TYRE FOR A KWACK gT750 WAS OK TO GO THRO THE MSVA, MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING DOWN THAT ROAD
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 11:11:52 PM »

Sounds like a place to avoid for trike MOTs!

What on earth is the trike?  I got a Superdream front wheel in the garage but if there's a weight issue I'm not sure it would be a good one to use as its a reverse Comstar which don't have a terribly good rep............

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
trikerpete

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 08:18:05 AM »

A 19" TYRE FOR A KWACK gT750 WAS OK TO GO THRO THE MSVA, MIGHT BE WORTH LOOKING DOWN THAT ROAD
thanks for response, the original wheel was a kwack but being 19" a suitable tyre for weight of trike was not available, trike is a z13 with "chopped" mini van body, weight is about 600kg hence at *69* plus rated tyre. the good news is that a wheel has now been found with a *71* rated tyre,[ thanks for your input.pete

trikerpete

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:24:10 AM »

Sounds like a place to avoid for trike MOTs!

What on earth is the trike?  I got a Superdream front wheel in the garage but if there's a weight issue I'm not sure it would be a good one to use as its a reverse Comstar which don't have a terribly good rep............

hi, its not an m o t it failed on, it was an msva which is much "tougher" however it will still need to be m o t'd after....(more government madness) when was the last time your m o t  station checked your mirrors to see if they had "flat/concave/convex" glass!? anyways it sorted now he managed to pickup a gpz wheel with twin discs. thanks for your input, pete

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 08:37:39 PM »

So what exactly do the 69 & 57 refer to then Pete?
We've got to MSVA Rainbow's trike, which is currently running it's original GS 850 front mag rim so any info much appreciated. Front indicators just too close together or too close to the headlight? Would bar ends comply?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 11:32:37 PM »

My trike runs on the original 19in Kwak front wheel but it didn't have to go thru MSVA as the only bit that mofified is the swingarm.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
trikerpete

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 11:30:40 AM »

So what exactly do the 69 & 57 refer to then Pete?
We've got to MSVA Rainbow's trike, which is currently running it's original GS 850 front mag rim so any info much appreciated. Front indicators just too close together or too close to the headlight? Would bar ends comply?
*57 & 69* ratings are something to do with the weight carrying capacity, as far as i can make out these 2 ratings should be ok when using small/light weight engines in lighter weight trikes. my mate has now sourced a *71* rated,  120 tyre for the 18" wheel. now he has 18" wheel instead of the 19" he will have to double check the position for his foglights which were 30mm too low for msva. if it aint one thing its another, no one said this trike building game was easy, heheheheheheheheeeeee take care, hope to see you soon?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 11:40:43 AM »

Yeah, I'll be down your way some time before Christmas so will drop in for a slice of Chrissie's luvverly cake. Flap & I are chopping up my newly acquired Sherpa van at my lock-up on Sunday if you're at a loose end!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: