April 29, 2024, 10:47:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: MSVA  (Read 17703 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 02:06:39 PM »

So the lock doesn't have to be permanently attached to the vehicle?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
flc

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »

Hi andy , the guy said, "what method of preventing unauthorised use do you have",then he spots the lock and checked it had a key, and said "yes its permenantly attached"  and pulled it to see if it was locked, and said " yes thats fine" was expecting him to ask me to demonstrate it, but he was happy. so yes and they are about £2 at most sh*t carboot sales Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 02:25:30 PM »

That'll do me then. I was thinking maybe one end would have to be welded to the frame or something.
Preventing unauthorised use? Would someone stood next to the vehicle armed with a big stick do?   Tongue

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 04:42:51 PM »

That'll do me then. I was thinking maybe one end would have to be welded to the frame or something.
Preventing unauthorised use? Would someone stood next to the vehicle armed with a big stick do?   Tongue

Works for me!

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
flc

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 08:29:02 AM »

Preventing unauthorised use? Would someone stood next to the vehicle armed with a big stick do?   Tongue
I think the stick or the peron has to be attached in some way? then you would have to provide toilet and wash facilitys.......... i would just stick to a lock and chain Wink Smiley Smiley Smiley
SteveRedd

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 07:43:42 AM »

pet rotty??

Oh and Issue 14 ( vol2 issue 2) Brit Chopper is out now......I think Sooze did the organising of the test for Desperate as she works closely with the officialdom to try and promote harmony between builders and officials, and what she don't know about the regs ain't worth knowing...so it wasn't a case of putting anyone else out, as as for Desperate , there is no more common beast than he.....have you not seen his welding slippers and shorts !!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:09:51 AM by SteveRedd » Logged

Growing up is Optional
flc

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 09:07:35 AM »

pet rotty??

Oh and Issue 14 ( vol2 issue 2) Brit Chopper is out now......I think Sooze did the organising of the test for Desperate as she works closely with the officialdom to try and promote harmony between builders and officials, and what she don't know about the regs ain't worth knowing...so it wasn't a case of putting anyone else out, as as for Desperate , there is no more common beast than he.....have you not seen his welding slippers and shorts !!

eurrgh, im getting flash backs, from when he was going to sell his toenails on ebay,  Roll Eyes Smiley
flc

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 12:54:54 AM »

Back for retest 3pm, im allowed to ride it there Smiley, its about an hour away hoping all goes well, will post result on friday,  Grin Grin
tazet
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 07:43:37 AM »

Good luck.  Smiley
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 11:08:46 AM »

all the best Mick, im sure it will fly through

More metal than skin
flc

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 10:10:18 PM »

Thanks folks, well.............

its passed Grin wot a buzz riding it down there was. ran out of gas on way home Roll Eyes about 5 miles from my house. but a top day all in. onto dvla for an inspection tommorrow. i will post more later.
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »

Congrats  Grin It's a buzz when you pass the MSVA. Done it a few times and it still a real hit when you get told.............yep that'll do!

Well done!

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 10:20:09 PM »

Yeah, congratulations Mick!
So now I'm confused -MSVA gives you the registration number/logbook? What does the DVLA inspection do?

tazet
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »

Well done you deserve it.  Grin
flc

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »

Yeah, congratulations Mick!
So now I'm confused -MSVA gives you the registration number/logbook? What does the DVLA inspection do?
Thanks folks its made all the grief/fun all worth it Grin
the msva is a safety/construction inspection bit like an mot and you get a certificate,

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/FLC_photo/svatestcert001.jpg
MSVA

the dvla bit is for the reg/log book etc.
the dvla need to see this cert, a v55, a pile of dosh, your license, a cuddly toy, a D.N.A sample, oh and a vehicle Grin
(only kidding about some of those) am just about to ring for an inspection, will let you know how i get on Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: