April 27, 2024, 12:50:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Car  (Read 6174 times)
Borgy

Car
« on: November 02, 2005, 12:07:10 AM »

I dont know what

MPVish
or Classic car type thing

WHY

Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 12:17:37 AM »

Nice clear, concise ad Borgy!  Huh

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Borgy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 12:33:09 AM »

LOL,

I know.

My car was stolen Friday night and I'm stuck in the flat now for 28 days until the pay out so I'm having dilemmas as to what to get next.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:43:48 AM »

That's a bugger. Good excuse for a new set of wheels though. Make it something fun. Life's too short for boring cars.

wizzkitt
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 11:38:22 AM »

Each time I've ended up buying a car that 'I'll only need for a couple of weeks' I've finished up keeping them for at least a couple of years! Wink That's how I got my first Capri.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 01:40:16 PM »

My favourite bikes have always been the ones I've thrown together from the spare parts bin. Maybe it's cos you don't have too many expectations of 'em & you don't worry so much about keeping 'em clean & shiny, just have fun on them.
The hotrod project is definitely gonna be a basic, no frills, (or carpets or heater -or roof!), fun machine.

wizzkitt
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 02:19:27 PM »

Bet it has a Maltese Cross somewhere on it though...  Roll Eyes
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 03:03:11 PM »

Erm, possibly. Grin

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 07:08:51 PM »

Had to sell my favourite car cos I couldn't use the clutch any more - my beloved old Citroen BX estate.  Bought it for £400 without even seeing it cos our mechanic said it was a good un - had it 4 years and maybe I spent another £400 on it.  It was lovely to drive, enormous boot even without putting the seats down.

It was totally unexpected that I'd fall in love with it cos I didn't want a big car, didn't want a white car, and particularly didn't want a BX!  But it was a great car, even our mechanic who drove newer and nicer Citroens all the time, always used to say how lovely it was to drive.

But there you are, it's gone and now I have a 20 year old Austin Maestro 1600 Automatic, cos it was needing a home and i was needing an auto, and I've been surprised what a nice little car it is to drive.  But I do miss the power steering and electric windows.

At the time I acquired the Maestro there was a Toyota Camry estate in the paper for £350, and I was tempted but the Maestro was free so I did the sensible thing.  As it turned out, it cost me £300 to get it on the road cos it had been stood in a garage 2 years and neede tyres and exhaust and battery etc.  Think I might look for a Camry for my next car thop, I've always liked them.  Wonder what mpg they do tho!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 01:28:17 PM »

What does a Camry look like? Peculiar name. I've had two Maestros. One was scrapped & the other written off in an accident with a milk float -no, I WASN'T racing it! Simple cars. Nothing flashy but they just get on with the job of getting you from A to Beyond. Don't own a car now so just hire one when I need it. Works out cheaper than having it sat unused for days on end. Trouble is I'm spoilt now -got used to having brand new cars all the time. Had a 1600 diesel Golf last week to go to the NEC. The previous one, a Renault I think, had just 2 miles on the clock when I picked it up!

Borgy

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 01:39:48 PM »

http://www.toyota.com/camry/?s_van=
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 02:12:59 PM »

Ah, thanks Borgy. Looks like a Peugeot to me. Nice though.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 08:13:44 PM »

The saloon was just a car - but the estate was lovely to sit in and ride in - never driven one!  Just sat in one that a friend was thinking of buying and liked it.
I don't think there were many estates sold in England, they imported them I think from the US.  I'm talking about 20+ years ago, I can't find a phot of any of the old ones..
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 08:27:59 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: