April 30, 2024, 04:05:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 244901 times)
tazet
« Reply #495 on: May 30, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »

My corner  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #496 on: May 31, 2009, 08:18:36 AM »

All the front end panels have been unbolted again as they're not needed at the moment. So we're back to a skeleton car. Looks like we're going backwards but actually making huge leaps forwards.
Next job is to get the body blasted so we can see exactly what needs repairing. Meanwhile, we need to contact our Stateside panel people again with the final shopping list -trunk floor, outer wheel tubs, drivers side B post etc.
Still planning on a basic, stripped down Charger with an aggressive stance, but by the the time John & his team have finished, the body will be as good as new. John's already gone from describing it as a complete basket case, only really fit for scrapping, to saying it's now no worse than any other Charger they get in, which is progress ain't it!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #497 on: May 31, 2009, 08:26:20 AM »

You can just see some of the original 40 year old paint here -the metallic blue strips inside the body.
It left the factory as blue with a white vinyl roof & blue interior. Taz is making worrying comments about liking the blue & the vinyl roof idea -no, no, no, please no. Hate vinyl roofs -they just look cheap & tacky & very 70s to me & every Charger owner we've spoken to says they hide all sorts of problems -rainwater seeps under them & rots the roof, or people fit them to hide other damage.
I know it's not my car, but the original plan was something similar to primer grey, (probably a little bit darker), in satin finish, with grey powder-coated plain steel wheels & all the chrome powder coated black, plus a basic black interior. I think it'll look really tough like that -proper muscle car.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:03:53 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Mr_G

« Reply #498 on: May 31, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »

which is progress ain't it!

It would certainly seem that way guys, Loving it!

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
tazet
« Reply #499 on: June 07, 2009, 02:46:26 PM »

Ok guys, here is the latest part donated to me for the shed  Grin It once was the heart of Pinball Wizard and will now be the heart of my car. It will live again  Grin

There are one or two bits missing but at least it was a running engine and is in one piece unlike what came with my car. We will give it a once over and a service and the previous owner said it will just drop in and run. It was running when it came out of Pinball and he only changed it as he wanted a bigger engine.

1st Photo - Pinball in it's former glory
2nd photo - Pinball now
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:07:04 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #500 on: June 07, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »

The engine donated to me

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:08:44 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #501 on: June 07, 2009, 02:49:37 PM »

engine arrives home. Good job I have tractors at hand as we would never have been able to get the bugger out of the van.

1st -Choice of weapon for unloading
2nd -The unloading commences, (deep concentration)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:10:26 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #502 on: June 07, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:11:51 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #503 on: June 07, 2009, 02:53:12 PM »

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:13:10 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
lunatic

« Reply #504 on: June 07, 2009, 04:02:14 PM »

Thats awesome!  Cool Lucky bugger! Anyone want to give me a big block chevy?
tazet
« Reply #505 on: June 07, 2009, 07:14:42 PM »

Grin
Mr_G

« Reply #506 on: June 07, 2009, 07:19:16 PM »

Nice power plant! So when you say donated you mean it was free??? Some people have all the luck lol.

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
tazet
« Reply #507 on: June 07, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »

erm. Yup  Grin The guy was more interested in it going to a good home where it would be used and he can be sure of that with us.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #508 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »

I can understand that - not on the same level, but I gave my Maestro away cos I knew the bloke would love it and look after it - at the time I could have got about £100 scrap.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #509 on: June 08, 2009, 09:21:12 AM »

I do the same thing when I can Bobbi -karma n all that. Help someone out who genuinely needs it & someday someone will return the favour.
A quick re-cap for those who don't read every single thread on the forum -I know a lot only read the sections that are relevant to them:
I was at the Billing rod show last weekend, wandering round on my own as Taz was working. In the middle of the show field was "Pinball Wizard", a 1954 Ford Pop. Meant absolutely nothing to Taz when I told her later, but if you're of a certain age & into customs, it was one of the top show cars of it's day. That day being the early 70s. I was a school boy just getting into the custom scene & I remember seeing it at the big indoor custom shows at Alexandra Palace, drag racing at Blackbushe airstrip & in Custom Car magazine. With it's sunburst yellow & orange paint & flip up body, it just blew me away. This is the car indellibly etched on my memory as one of my all time favourites.
It's been on the road for over 35 years now, passing through a series of owners, being re-vamped a couple of times with fresh paint & various engines, even drag racing at one point with a nitrous injected 440 big block motor. Through all that time though, it's retained it's original stance & most of the original fittings & is still instantly recognisable as the Wizard.
Got chatting to Pete Le Grice, the current owner, & a chance turn in the conversation led us to chat about Dodge Chargers. The Wizard presently runs a 440 Charger engine with a 30 thou re-bore taking it out to 446 cubic inches. The previous engine was a standard 383, (6 1/4 litre), the same as Taz's. I was stunned when Pete casually said You can have it if you want it. Just come up to Derbyshire & collect it.
After several phone calls -mainly to check he really was serious, we rented a small van & drove up there on Saturday. True to his word, Pete had the motor loaded on a pallet ready to put in the van. It needs a new distributor cap, HT leads & an alternator, but he threw in the carb, starter motor, torque converter, flex plate & even a brand new tin valley gasket, still in it's box. Pete's a retired builder/carpenter & certainly isn't short of a few bob -Pinball now lives in a purpose built centrally heated garage, bigger than my old flat, alongside Pete's nitrous injected turbo CBX1000 Honda. Knowing I'm a big fan of his car & that Taz is passionate about getting her Charger on the road to get out there & enjoy it, Mr Le Grice was happy the 383 had found a deserving home.
We've added him to our long list of people we have to visit with the Charger when it's done.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:17:54 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: