April 30, 2024, 02:45:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 244892 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #375 on: March 26, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »

The bodywork looks as rough as old boots at the moment, as rough as old cars anyway, but the chassis's reasonably solid, as is the floor & roof. We've got good replacements for all the other panels, so the grot will be thrown away & replaced with good stuff.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #376 on: March 26, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »

A few more of the toys at JC Restorations.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #377 on: March 26, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #378 on: March 26, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #379 on: March 26, 2009, 10:32:14 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #380 on: March 26, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #381 on: March 26, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »

tbone

« Reply #382 on: March 26, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »

Ok its early days, but with an outlay of just over 12 grand, including the new panels, a bit of sweat blood and tears, and she`ll be on the road. You`d never recoup your initial 6 grand outlay anyway, so it has to proceed, if the money wasn`t spent on this then it would be spent on something else. The smile on your faces when its done has gotta be worth a bit of cash.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #383 on: March 26, 2009, 10:48:48 AM »

Precisely Mr T. We know just how much work we've got ahead of us, but for now we're aiming to get it structurally sound & safe, MOT'd & out there putting some miles under it's wheels. We can pretty it up later. We're not planning a concourse spec restoration anyway -if we did we'd probably be too scared of scratching it to enjoy it. We bought it to have fun with it.
Chargers are like Harleys -you're paying for the name. There are other big V Twins that'll do the job just as well, if not better, but they'll never be a Harley & if that's what you've set your heart on, nothing else will do. Dodge Chargers are one of the biggest names in the Mopar clan & the 1969 model is the most desirable -that's what we've got. Just to be able to say you own one is pretty cool.
A good condition, running example will set you back anything from 15 to 40 grand, depending on it's history, ("matching numbers" cars are the most sought after -those that still have the same chassis & engines they left the factory with. Ours has been upgraded from a 318 cubic inch to 383ci motor at some point. A 6 1/4 litre V8.). So once it's road worthy, it'll at least hold it's price, if not increase in value. It's Taz's dream car & we don't ever plan on selling it. The only way we could ever afford one was to buy it, like the old Johhny Cash song, one piece at a time.  Smiley

flc

« Reply #384 on: March 26, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »

Hi folks, got a tear in my eye for you's, am glad you finnally got someone to sort it for you, was feeling a bit guilty, it was me that pointed it out to taz (boo hiss), i will be a top buzz to finaly drive it knowing its solid as a rock underneath. go on yers Smiley

same with most jawdroping motors theres always a tale to tell Roll Eyes Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #385 on: March 26, 2009, 11:12:31 AM »

It's all your fault!!  Grin

tbone

« Reply #386 on: March 26, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »

Hi folks, got a tear in my eye for you's, am glad you finnally got someone to sort it for you, was feeling a bit guilty, it was me that pointed it out to taz (boo hiss), i will be a top buzz to finaly drive it knowing its solid as a rock underneath. go on yers Smiley

same with most jawdroping motors theres always a tale to tell Roll Eyes Grin

Yep, document it all, a car with a history is worth twice as much  Wink

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #387 on: March 26, 2009, 11:46:22 AM »

Another reason for going to a reputable restoration company. We've been completely honest on several forums, (ours, the Mopar Muscle Association & the National Street Rod Association), about the twisty nature of our chassis, so this car's problems are publicly known. We'll be equally upfront about getting them sorted, so if anyone ever pops up & says I know that car & the frame's bent, we can prove it ain't any more. I'd also like to think we might show that just about anything's fixable if you're prepared to put in the effort, time & pennies.

flc

« Reply #388 on: March 26, 2009, 01:01:28 PM »

. I'd also like to think we might show that just about anything's fixable if you're prepared to put in the effort, time & pennies.
thats why i like being a member here, no vehicle is unfixable and more cool stuff is buillt this way ie propper like, its good to be a part of it  Grin Grin

ps that guys place is a propper toy shop.....

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #389 on: March 26, 2009, 01:26:44 PM »

It's you lot who make the site what it is -good or bad!
It's a very expensive toy shop, but if you happen to have a big Yank that needs some work, (Sly Stallone?), then you won't find a better build for your buck. They're not exactly open to the public to browse, but were quite happy for us Muppets to wander about with a camera -also the sign of a reputable company I think.

John Castleman. Cranleigh, Surrey.
www.jc-refinishing.com

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: