April 30, 2024, 12:22:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 244876 times)
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #1185 on: June 10, 2013, 06:54:31 PM »

well done that man!!

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #1186 on: June 10, 2013, 06:56:56 PM »

Got a bit to spare? Just found this ..................

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/stuff-sale/blown-rover-photos-now-adsded-74374

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
merv

« Reply #1187 on: June 10, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »

I'm pleased for you , I know you will be sad to see it go after the work and the money you put into it but in the end it will be a financial release.

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Olds

« Reply #1188 on: June 10, 2013, 07:07:05 PM »

That must be a relief and it's nice to know it's still fairly local.

Got a bit to spare? Just found this ..................

Please don't tempt him PH. Enough probs with normally aspirated.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1189 on: June 10, 2013, 07:22:21 PM »

Hmmm, supercharged 3 1/2 litre V8!
Fortunately I don't have 3 grand to play with so can't be tempted!
When the Charger goes it'll pay off the loan I took out to help pay for the bodywork, so I won't have a big bag of cash -well, I will for a day or two till I pay it in the bank. I might just roll around in it for a while. I won't have to pay out nearly 350 quid a month in loan payments any more though, which will be a huge help.
The guy who's buying it's called Noah & is a real nice guy. Works in film special effects, (Mr Goose, he may know you). He viewed the car first, on Sunday morning, but I'd already promised first refusal to Kiwi Mike, who viewed in the afternoon. Noah was literally hopping up & down saying I don't know what to do, I really, really want it, but he's got first shot at it. Fortunately for him Mike went away to check on the cost of shipping etc, without making an offer. He jumped in, got there first & now he's Noah the Charger owner. Appropriate as it's the size of a bloomin' Ark, & it's painted battleship grey. He texted me this morning to say he couldn't sleep last night for thinking about it & making plans. It's still a big build, but the daunting bit's done now. The rest is just nuts & bolts stuff.
Of course, it could still all fall through before he collects on Sunday, so I don't want to jinx it, but hopefully it's found a very appreciative new home, which'll make saying Goodbye to the ol' girl a lot easier. It's definitely been a love/hate relationship!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
mouse

« Reply #1190 on: June 10, 2013, 08:37:14 PM »

well done on selling the charger Andy

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1191 on: June 10, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »

Thank you. Closes another chapter in my life.
Not sure if it's a drama or a comedy of errors.

Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #1192 on: June 10, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »

Just one of lifes 'ripples' Andy. Only you can decide to let it run or make a wave out of it Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1193 on: June 10, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »

That's very deep -the thought, not the ripple.
Onwards, ever onwards!
As I said, trying not to jinx the sale cos it's cash on collection & a lot can go wrong in a week. I'll be happy when the money's in my hand & the barn's empty.

Kiwimike

« Reply #1194 on: June 11, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »

Yep, would love to have bought it , but i guess this one wasn't meant to be for me. I'm glad you got a good price Andy and thanks for letting me view it, i still live in hope of owning my own 69' charger one day and i will get there. If anyone hears of any other chargers going, please let me know.

Cheers
Mike
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1195 on: June 11, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »

It was good to meet you Mike. Thanks for coming down from London. As I said to you yesterday, I'm too soft hearted to sell stuff & felt wracked with guilt for letting you down. But either way, someone was going to lose out & at the end of the day, I just need the money. This will clear my debt & mean I can make a fresh start -no more projects!
Have you tried the guys at the MMA site? (Mopar Muscle Association). We joined when we first bought the Charger & the build thread is still on their forum. A very nice & helpful bunch.

http://www.moparuk.com/

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1196 on: June 16, 2013, 04:07:38 PM »

Well, we finally closed the book on this one this morning.
It's been an emotional story. Taz & I bought it as a project for her, then despite everybody's advice, set about ripping it apart & rebuilding the body from the ground up. It ended up costing me my entire retirement nest egg, (the profit made from selling my flat to move into Taz's cottage). I think I'm gonna have to work forever now! She & I eventually went our seperate ways & I was left with a fully restored Dodge bodyshell & a heap of parts, sat in a barn that belongs to her employer.
I love 60s muscle cars but wouldn't necessarily buy one for myself. I prefer the creativity of building custom bikes & my hotrod. So I was stuck with a huge, part built car that I didn't really want, couldn't afford to finish & didn't have anywhere to park even if I did. I also had to get it out of the barn cos the owners wanted it back.
Enter Scottie the hotrod haulier. He spends his life buying & selling all manner of tatt, interesting collectables on Ebay, so put an ad on for the Charger. Over the last few weeks he's been filtering out the idiots & daydreamers & putting the rest through to my number. Thanks mate.  Wink Even so, there's been some real muppets getting in touch. Looked like I'd never get rid of it.
Eventually, at the 11th hour, I had 2 guys viewing it on the same day. The final winner was Noah, a really nice bloke from just 10 miles away. He's always dreamt of owning a Charger but never thought he could. Now he does.
So today it was time to say Goodbye. Very mixed emotions- it became a financial millstone round my neck, draining me of every penny I had, as well as constantly reminding me of the break up of my 5 year relationship with Taz. But it was still pretty cool to be able to say I owned a '69 Charger!
Loony, Loony Senior & Chris drove over to Surrey with me this morning & we loaded up Noah's van with a whole barnful of 40 year old muscle car parts, then loaded the car onto his trailer, using the 2 post hoist in the barn, (already promised to the Loonys for their workshop). Apart from Chris very nearly losing a finger between the car & a scissor jack, all went well.
Farewell Charger. If you read this Noah, keep in touch please. You don't have to rebuild it to A1 concourse condition, just bung the engine in & drive the thing. Don't get too precious about it, enjoy it as muscle cars were built to be enjoyed. And let me have a ride in it when you do please!  Grin 

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1197 on: June 16, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »

Oh, & this made the pain of saying Goodbye a little easier to bear.  Tongue
A third of what I'd spent on it, but enough to pay off the loan I took out during the build, with enough left over to pay for my ticket to Canada to visit my sister later this year. And Noah even gave us an extra 20 quid to thank us for helping loading it all -which we blew on a burger & chips lunch at the local bike meeting place.
Enjoy your car Noah. May it bring you many miles of tyre smokin' smiles. If it doesn't make you yell Yeeeee Harrrrr!! you're not driving it right!  Grin

mouse

« Reply #1198 on: June 16, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »

well done for selling it mate as hard as it must have been

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1199 on: June 16, 2013, 04:43:12 PM »

Onwards & upwards!

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: