April 30, 2024, 04:22:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 244905 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1110 on: December 13, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »

There was an up & running one advertised recently for 12 grand. Obviously tatty, but driveable. Unfortunately you never get back what you put into these things, but classics do keep their value. I'd have to keep it another 20 years though to get back what I've spent on it.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #1111 on: December 14, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »

Agree with Spanners about taking time to think about what to do, and the spring/summer makes things seem better anyway, but it "seems" like you already know.............? ? ?

Don't be hasty.

Saying that, the last thread updates were over a year ago, so guessing progress on the car has been 'slow'? And your focus has been on your own truck with the XS following a close second.

IF its a discussed (you've loads of buddies on this 'ere forum), thoroughly thought about, solid 100% certain decision "it gotta be sold", then nothing lost with trying the water now, apart from the bl**din' obvious that once its gone, it gone..........

Wink

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1112 on: December 14, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »

Yeah, decision's made really.
Loony was saying a few days ago -if we brought it over to the workshop & everyone pitched in for a week solid, we could have it up & running & driveable. Not that easy. I've got an engine, but it hasn't run for several years. Same with the gearbox. I've got exhaust headers, but not the rest of the system. Got a propshaft but don't think it's got the couplings to attach it. Got some of the brake components but probably not all of them. There's only a couple of wheel studs on each wheel. It's not just a matter of throwing together boxes of bits. There's probably a 1,000 quid's worth of assorted clips, brackets & odd fittings that need buying just to put it all together.
Besides my own money spent on it, we ended up taking out a loan to pay the rest of the bill from the restoration shop so we could get it out of there. So I'll be paying that for the next 4 years unless I can sell the thing. Throwing it together so we can blat about in it for the Summer's a lovely idea, but not really do-able. I don't think Tanya will demand it goes next week, but I doubt leaving it sat in the barn till the Summer will be an option either.
So far it's only been offered to people we know by word of mouth. So I guess a magazine ad's the next step. Not going to proffer it to the Ebay idiots. Maybe somewhere like Bonham's auctions, though the last time I checked, their cars went for a lot less than I expected.
As I said, it's not something I would've bought for myself. My little hotrod truck's more my thing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:49:52 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

spanners

« Reply #1113 on: December 14, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »

i would love to take it on,,but,, i,ve got ,,EMILY,, on the go and i,ve just commited  Shocked  myself to a 1948 chevrolet 6400 loadmaster truck,  Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #1114 on: December 15, 2012, 01:16:05 AM »

Mr M your very wise to think long and hard about spending further funds you haven't got, on a project you don't want! so test the water and if poss. sell it on for what you can get for it, as long as that will defray your borrowing, then start afresh once your other projects are complete!that would be my advice, for what it's worth Huh Huh Huh Huh ???Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
spanners

« Reply #1115 on: December 15, 2012, 01:23:50 AM »

sound advice ,morrag,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
toad

« Reply #1116 on: December 15, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »

Andy A word of advice do not use bonhams there charges are very high and you still have to pay them if it doesn't sell Angry

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1117 on: December 15, 2012, 09:18:41 PM »

Didn't know that -I assumed they just took a commission on sales.
I was thinking it might sell easier to the sort of people who would happily open their cheque books to pay someone to finish it to concourse standard, rather than to the likes of me who'd struggle to afford 2 pennies to rub together.

Tony oily bike

« Reply #1118 on: December 15, 2012, 09:25:26 PM »

Andy A word of advice do not use bonhams there charges are very high and you still have to pay them if it doesn't sell Angry

Ya pays ya money, ya takes ya choice...................

The cost if using Bonhams isn't cheap, but what they charge is a 'known' cost (ie there's nothing hidden).
What they can offer is the fact that they're well known across many many countries with a 'good' reputation, produce a classy catalogue and nicely detailed website (which include the lots for sale at each particular auction).

................ just read the small print on things like the time scale for removing the vehicle if its not sold vs storage.

http://www.bonhams.com/how_to_sell/9884/

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
NeilG

« Reply #1119 on: December 17, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »

Andy, someone on rodsnsods just put a wanted ad up for a Charger.
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/vehicles-wanted/dodge-charger-70923
spanners

« Reply #1120 on: December 17, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »

Andy, someone on rodsnsods just put a wanted ad up for a Charger.
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/vehicles-wanted/dodge-charger-70923

already told him to have a look on here  Wink

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1121 on: December 17, 2012, 09:21:31 PM »

I don't belong to the R & S forum. Could you contact them for me Neil?
12 grand. Full body rebuild, (all new panels), by JC Restorations. 99% of parts to finish.
My number's 07952-509223 or 01483-210072 for the next few days.
Here's a couple of pics.

NeilG

« Reply #1122 on: December 17, 2012, 09:49:25 PM »

Done  Smiley

Mr Spanners had it all under control anyway  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1123 on: December 17, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »

Thanks dude.  Wink

spanners

« Reply #1124 on: December 17, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »

reply via rods  n, sods he says he wants something up n running not a project  Roll Eyes well we tried ,,

i also notice he has a mustang for sale just under 12 grand  so i suspect he aint got the dosh until he sells that ..

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: