April 27, 2024, 06:57:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: new set of girders almost completed  (Read 14266 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008, 12:12:53 AM »

That's really the point I'm making, that overall, and on most case scenarios, the ubiquitous "Tele" will come out on top. If you want to use a different criteria, IE.visual appearance/style, well, possibly a different result will occur, I agree. As far as Peanut's comment, well I can't really understand where it fits into this discussion, and as for the Britten fork, have you checked the detail and complexity of its manufacture? and at what cost, perhaps that's why nobody else uses them.The 'Hub Centre' steering concept on bikes like the Elf Endurance racers of a few years ago, was, in many ways, an improvement over existing telescopic forks, but again were never universally adopted due to them not being a sufficiently useful an improvement over the telescopic fork to warrant their expense and complexity!So it depends what you require,really, appearance or effect, which is,of course, up to the individual, but at least be honest with the reasoning when making the choice! Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
peanut

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008, 06:22:38 PM »

Sorry Morrag, got a bit excited and unintentionally forgot the correct etiquette about not hi-jacking posts with irrelevant nonsense.
tbone

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »

Just to add my two pennith. Forks are perfect, cant beat them, if your on two wheels. After all, motorbikes dont steer in a conventional way. Have you tried leaning a trike into a bend at speed? or tried steering a bike into a bend without leaning? both are dam hard to do, not impossible but hard.
Forks are undoubtably the best thing for two wheels, but are a cheaper and easily available option for three wheels.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »

Tbone, I think that a reasonable "summing up" of the discusion! but some interesting views expounded,never the less,Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: