April 29, 2024, 12:50:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Helicopter  (Read 7378 times)
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 07:37:20 PM »

they dont need brakes they just wait till there wheels disintigrate

tazet
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 10:37:34 PM »

I know that feeling. Happened to me coming back from a show. One of the trailer tyres blew. I did not have a jack as it is a 3.5 ton trailer being towed by a HGV horse box so I improvised with some blocks of wood.
tazet
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »

blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »

i can symathise tazet and am impressed by the use of timber ,our was supposed to be a 30 min drive and this happened on the main trunk road between aberdeen and peterhead and its the main route of all cargo going offshore so we had artics going by constantly whilst we tried to cut the spinning wheel stud off ( niothing ever simple ) so it was a bit hairy , we even had a police car sat behind us for about 25 mins untill he got bored .
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 05:05:45 PM »

Your blowout looks a bit spectacular Tazet - was it a hairy experience?  And whatever made it blow like that?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
tazet
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »

Because the lorry is so big it didn't interfear with it at all and yeah lots of smoke and rubber everywhere. think it was just one of those things as there was nothing wrong with it when we left the show. Mine was also on the right side but I managed to get into a layby. There was also a path so I put the lorry and trailer's left wheels up on that then built a ramp with wood blocks behind the good wheel on the blown side, (twin axle) then reversed the lorry back to lift the blown wheel high enough to change it, (it was the front of the two wheels). I had to put the hand brake on to hold the hub still to undo the bolts.
I needed to move over for 2 reasons. One to let other vehicles on to the layby and two because there is an awning on the sides of the trailer and that needed to be lifted to get to the wheel. It's always a hairy experience as not only do I have to think of myself but I have a passenger and 5 ponies to think of. Also the worry that someone else might get injured. I dread the day I have a blow out on the front wheel of the lorry. I pray I never get to know what that is like.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: