May 02, 2024, 08:02:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Remote Gear Change  (Read 2584 times)
Phixer

« on: January 07, 2008, 03:27:23 PM »

Has anybody ever used a mini remote gear change model on a reliant eingine and gear box? I am looking to move the position of my gear leaver as the top of the gearbox is right under my seat and I am wondering how to get the gear change leve relocated so that I can use it sensibly?

Any ideas?

It's not the fall that kills you...it's the sudden stop at the end.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 05:49:37 PM »

Hi Phixer. Not seen you here for a while.
Most of our gear changes are directly under the rider's seat, so we use a variety of bendy gearstick shapes, depending on where people want the stick to end up, ( Shocked)
How about trying something like TerrorTubby's linkage here?

TT's gear linkage

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Phixer

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »

Hi Phixer. Not seen you here for a while.
Most of our gear changes are directly under the rider's seat, so we use a variety of bendy gearstick shapes, depending on where people want the stick to end up, ( Shocked)
How about trying something like TerrorTubby's linkage here?

TT's gear linkage

Hello mate I tried to ring you the other night but I think I have the wrong number (Desperate gave it to me) I have been well busy with a new shed, building a heater and getting my trike ready, just cut the axle down (its well narrow) and have just bought some wheels and tyres (15x10)

I will post up some pics when I get a bit more advanced with it.

Far too busy doing the magazine and our website and its stopping me building.....never enough hours in the day?

It's not the fall that kills you...it's the sudden stop at the end.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:20:51 PM »

Know that feeling very well! Nice to see you back Sir. I hear you're looking for a Reliant manual. Want a copy on disc?
Project piccies please!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: