April 29, 2024, 02:16:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: mouse's new trike project :-)  (Read 39616 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2008, 04:34:23 PM »

A cad & a bounder -but kinda cute with it.  Tongue

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2008, 07:33:54 AM »

and not modest at all  Grin
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2008, 10:03:34 AM »

Rode my trike today  Grin Grin for the first time
it handled very well the ratios are great aand theres no steering wobble  Grin Grin
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/007mouse/DSC00039-1.jpg
mouse's new trike project :-)

Grin
great news m8 musta been a wonderful feeling Grin but if she aint wobbling you aint trying hard enough Grin

More metal than skin
mouse

« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »

hehehehehe gimme chance VB  Grin Grin

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »

Most enjoyable & memorable ride on a trike was on my last one, (now Ska Man's), in the pouring rain on the Basingstoke ring road. Power sliding it sideways round & round one of the roundabouts, soaked to the skin but giggling like a loony.  Grin

mouse

« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2008, 08:29:52 PM »

A bit of info for ya i hope it helps

Right where do I begin?
I’m disabled so I don’t have to go the msva route to get my vehicles registered.
But most of this information will be of some help to you trike builders out there.
Before I started to build my trike I went to my local Dvla office in Nottingham
I asked for a VIN Vehicle Identification number and was told that I couldn’t have one
Until I had completed my trike build and took it to the Dvla office for inspection.
Some Dvla offices will issue you with a VIN before you start your build
It’s worth asking them as its easer to stamp the VIN onto the headstock prior to the build.
And it saves you having to sand off your lovely new paint or powder coat to try and stamp the numbers on.
I went away with my tail between my legs and got on with the build once I had built my trike the fun started.
I had to make an appointment at the Dvla office so I could have the trike inspected
All the happened on that day was the inspector looked at the trike asked a few question i.e. what’s it made out of? What’s the size of the engine? And what disabled adaptations are on the trike.
They were satisfied with all this information and issued me with a VIN number and a letter I was then told I had to get the number stamped into the headstock then I was to have it verified by a garage and the garage had to emboss the letter with the old type mot stamp.
Once I got that done I had to return to the Dvla office once again with the verified letter
The inspector then told me I had to go and get a mot and insurance on my trike before they could proceed any further with the registration.
I also had a hand full of forms I had to fill in and was told that they had to be filled in correctly with all the right information if not they would not carry on with the registration process.
The forms are ok to fill in nothing too hard to figure out if you have access to the internet you can find most the answers to the questions.
Most of the questions relate to the weight of the trike you need a weigh bridge certificate for that
You also have to give the trike a make and model i.e. mine is Make rodent Model mouse
You can use anything as long as it’s not a registered name i.e. ford
Some of the other questions are taxation class which is tricycle
As I said most of the question are easily answered
But make sure you answer them all

The weight certificate only cost me £6 and was the easiest part of the process lol.
Now I hope your following this as I’m not very good with the written word lol
Armed with all my documents correctly filled in
My weight certificate, mot and insurance.
And you will need proof of your address a recent power bill and it can’t be too old or they won’t accept it you will also need a driving licence or passport.
And all your receipts from the build
And make sure you keep all your receipts they do check them.
As my trike was a ground up build and I didn’t have any previous registration documents
I had to pay for a new registration document £55 mine is a Q plate
I also had to pay for the vehicle tax £66 you don’t have a choice you have to pay this on the day.
The registration process took me 6 weeks to sort out 300 miles and a lot of stress but don’t let that put you off.
It’s one hell of a good feeling when you achieve it all.
One more thing before I forget they will issue you with a letter that gives you permission to get a number plate made
There are only a hand full of places that will make number plates now and it’s like trying to get blood out of a stone lol they have to be registered with Swansea
You will need the letter from the Dvla a power bill driving licence or passport
Just to get your number plate made lol
Most of all don’t let um grind ya down and keep smiling through it you will get there in the end
This is they way it happend for me i have heard of others doing it totaly differnt so please use this as a rough guide.

VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2008, 06:00:59 AM »

nice one mouse, im disabled too so i'll be roughly on the same route as you as and when its finished Smiley

More metal than skin
tikibabe
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »

Well done! it sounds like a lot of hard work, not much room on that seat though.... Grin

I know that there is different ways of doing things with diferent dvla places, Dale has had some problems with Birmingham when registering an imported car, and yet Notts were fine ,have fun x
mouse

« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2008, 01:17:34 PM »

hey up tiki  Grin
plenty of room for me and you on the seats  Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2008, 08:08:42 PM »

We've added that registering info to the Motors, 3 Wheels section of the main site now. Thanks Mr Mouse.

Registering a trike for disabled use -Mouse
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:10:48 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

texon

« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2008, 01:23:02 PM »

is there a restriction on how long after registering the trike you can sell it or on how many you can build in a year  Wink just a thought if it works out cheaper  Roll Eyes
mouse

« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »

is there a restriction on how long after registering the trike you can sell it or on how many you can build in a year  Wink just a thought if it works out cheaper  Roll Eyes
not that i know of

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »

I seem to remember Yoda, (the mighty webmaster who originally set up this site for me), telling me that being disabled, he was allowed to register 2 a year. I've got a feeling he also said that if it was sold on to an able bodied rider & the adaptions removed, it should be re-registered. Could well be wrong though. NABD, the National Assosciation for Bikers with a Disability, should be able to tell you. BikerGran belongs to it. Check their website here:

NABD 

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2008, 07:42:07 PM »

I do indeed belong to the NABD but wouldn't try to tell anyone what's what with regard to registering trikes etc!

If you can't find the info on the main site just drop them an email and you'll get a definitive answer - the organisation is recognised as the leading authority on disbled riding not only in Britain but in Europe too!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:44:09 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
mouse

« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2008, 08:46:56 PM »

hey peeps
how you all doing  Grin
i just thought i would pop in and say Hi  been busy  riding my trike its running very well had a few niggly things to sort out but nowt major
the rake and frame build are all holding up  Grin
the steering is great no wobble and no problems  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: