April 16, 2024, 06:46:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: International Motorcycle & Scooter Show.  (Read 7576 times)
wizzkitt
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 10:44:31 PM »

Mmm, sounds good. A discount deal from the family business? Still hunting for cheap Sherpa van axles & steering for mine. Did I thank you for running the Triumph Owners' photos in BSH? Thank you, (a sneaky plug).

Yup. Elan front suspension is basically a Triumph Vitesse set up. We have all the bits for that, just deciding whether to use it.

Yes you did. Nice piece of writing too... Wink
yoda
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2005, 10:45:52 PM »

I have added it to my sig

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 10:53:40 PM »

Yes you did. Nice piece of writing too... Wink

Not up to your professional journo standards obviously. Does the Elan use a beam axle? And if so can I have one too please?
Yodles, your signature's now longer than your posts!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 02:09:48 PM »

Flap & I have gone for the last couple of years & always have a good day out. Guess it's what you make of it. Always find plenty to interest us, always find ideas to nick from all sorts of bikes, not just the custom ones, always buy stuff we don't need, always get home absolutely knackered after walking round & round the halls for hours & hours. A simple pleasure for us common folk.

Thats prolly the secret - you've only been for the last couple of years - gets awfully samey after the 3rd and 4th...............

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
yoda
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 02:24:59 PM »

Must agree with you there and i wouldnt have bothered going if I didnt get the press pass,

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
wizzkitt
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 04:51:49 PM »

I wouldn't have bothered going if I didn't have to.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 10:53:31 PM »

I've probably been 5 or 6 times over the years, the last 3 or 4 with Flap. Rainbow was a little disappointed -thought it'd be bigger, (story of my life), but still managed to spend several hundred pounds. Might well give it a miss next year & stick with the Alexandra Palace show in January or february, (formerly the Road & Race show). The NEC event DOES present biking to the general public who might not otherwise take an interest -saw lots of non "biker" type teenagers & families there this year -& anything that encourages more people to try biking can't be a bad thing can it. It does what it says on the tin -showcases new models, provides somewhere to check out the latest gear & accessories etc. It's just a day out. We don't go expecting a "biker" event.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 12:28:50 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 12:21:14 AM »

Must agree with you there and i wouldnt have bothered going if I didnt get all that attention from the hardly-dressed young ladies

Grin Grin Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: