April 28, 2024, 09:08:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: bummers chop project  (Read 25833 times)
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »

ive also change the rake of the head to 45 deg but i have no photos on this pc to post and started to cut my new yolks

not finished yet but as i am doing them during work hours i can only do a little at a time 
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 01:58:59 PM »

nice you can do it in work Smiley

More metal than skin
blair

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 02:35:01 PM »

im the one who does all the work on my gaffers trike so he cant moan too much as he needs me more than i need him . i dont touch it if we are busy but we are generally 2 weeks behind the fabricators as they have to build the clamps we line with rubber and there is always a lull after christmas as they are awaiting weather windows offshore to continue projects or they have ran out of money .  i would probably have been further on with it but i have been working in my wife beauty therapists since hogmanay.   
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 02:50:10 PM »

beauty therapist,bike builder wot ever next Smiley

More metal than skin
blair

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »

i would actually be called a rubber man but i like to think i can turn my hands to anything , but i was moving walls and pluming more buildering than therapy if you like , not that i couldnt wax a fluff or two but it does kinda change the way you see em .  Grin
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »

PMSL

More metal than skin
blair

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »

just got back to work and found some photos of my head , i was lucky in the fact i had 2 frames so i cut the original one up completely so i wouldnt wreck the frame and i snipped the other one off then machined it down to get rid of weld ect ( you can see the black marks were the frame was originaly welded ) .  used an angle finder to set the jig and then got a freind to TIG weld it , i can do MIG but never tried TIG so it was safer to let him do it .

blair

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 12:49:57 PM »

so i ended up at 45 deg rake  Cool from 60 , dont know how this will work but its too late now  Cry
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »

Very tidy work matey.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
blair

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 09:10:26 PM »

a quick up date : its all gone a bit pete tong . had finished cutting out the yolks on the bandsaw and smoothing them down to final size so i thought i would set them on the forks and they dont bloody fit , turn out that the vertical drill i used had a dodgey shaft and as a result was wondering off by about 1 mm so the holes for the forks arnt true to one another in any way , so with the last of my material i have bolted the 2 yolks together and a machine shop ( who did my jig cones ) are going to CNC the holes nd leave me to cut the shape out again. cant cock this up as its the last of the material .
dont know if any one cares or even reads this but frik me why does it always happen to me .

sorry rant over
Ally

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 09:19:50 PM »

bummer  Cry Cry Cry Cry
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »

Don't worry, it's not just you mate. It's usually me.
When we had the slabs made for Flap's & Simon's trikes a couple of years ago, the machine shop messed up. Instead of producing 2 sets of the same design but different measurements to suit the different forks used, they knocked out 2 identical sets. Oh poo.
Another set had to be made, but all was not lost, cos the spares eventually found their way to my new trike build.  Grin

VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »

good luck on that set of material Smiley

More metal than skin
blair

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »

i think if i can find the one that took a flyer i may be able to use them as temp yolks whilst i rough up the final lay layout . i would say in your case MM it worked out well as your yolks look well good . i was never going for a radical shape just to know i had made them myself would have been enough. its just the usual thing that goes wrong for me as i am the original JONA . 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 09:59:16 PM »

Honestly mate, you wouldn't believe the cock ups & wastage I've created over the years.
My yokes started out exactly the same shape as yours. Amazing what a handfile & several months of sweat & cursing can achieve.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: