March 29, 2024, 09:51:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: kwaker forks (02)  (Read 2828 times)
hornet6

« on: November 06, 2007, 10:03:17 PM »

hi, ive just been reading about the guy and his gpz 750 forks.ive sorta got the same problem.ive bought a pair of gpz 1000 rx forks for a chopper project thinking they were ok.all perfectly straight and in good working order,nice n clean.the other night i was looking on ebay for some brake calipers when i came across a set of forks the same as mine.only thing was,these had 2 small cylinders on each fork leg connected by a stainless hose,where as mine has only got 1 cylinder at the bottom of each leg.they seem to work ok off the bike when they're compressed,nothing leeks out,am i just worrying over nothing,or have i got to get the top cylinder as well. i was considering taking the bottom cylinders off and making  blanking plates but surely this will put them under great pressure when the forks are compressed.has anyone got any ideas,all replies greatly received.

no projects ever finished
Hillbilly Deluxe

i dont have an attitude ....maybe it's just you ??

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 04:22:04 PM »

i take it that the cylinders are for anti - dive purposes ?
if so they can be safely blanked off by making a plate up,its a VERY common mod. Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 05:23:12 PM »

We blanked off the anti-dives on Flap's orange trike with no problems other than trying to seal them. Took several attempts with home-made gaskets & Hermatite sealant before they stopped leaking but they work fine now.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: