April 30, 2024, 09:29:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Cafe hotrod night 5th September 07  (Read 4998 times)
tazet
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 12:14:10 PM »

tazet
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 12:15:14 PM »

tazet
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 12:16:53 PM »

Chevy Rick

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »

Looks like partial success if they are down to me, the yellow car was sporting angel eyes headlights, some how i didn't capture that feature i'll have to blame the diretor for that frame, plus the fact of dancing between drifters and wheelies didn't help, at one point i thought  you might be
peeling Shaun or my self of the road. Angry Undecided Grin Grin Cheesy

Looks like the chap to the left of the yellow car is just picking himself up after coming in contact with a drifter Grin Grin Grin Nice VW Splitter you can't allways take in what your aiming at. Wink
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 04:32:25 PM by Chevy Rick » Logged
wizzkitt

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »

T'
The Ace is starting to become a victim of it's own success -

Not 'starting' at all, Manky, it's been that way for a long, long time. Mark Willsmore must have some very good photos of high up people in the local constabulary and highways departments.  Grin I'd seen a couple of friends in the Executioners at the weekend and had intended to go, but the bloody trek round the North Circular on a night when the tubes were still a nightmare defeated me.

Anyway, it's Bury in a couple of weeks which will be sunny and lovely and in the daylight and nowhere near the bloody North Circ!

Dave_postie

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 06:51:41 PM »

christ rick, you ve made my tummy look awfully big in that pic, is it photoshopped. brilliant night, connie the consul didnt miss a beat,not the best looking car on the road but like andrex it goes on and on. Right where s me slimfast. Grin
Chevy Rick

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »

Who eat all the burgers  Huh errrrrrr sorry Dave Undecided Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 09:05:07 PM »

Photo gallery now added here:

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/acecafe5.9.07/

As always, thanks to Rick, (with help from Janie), for his pics. Most of mine were too blurry to use but I've added a few in.
Can't wait to turn up at next year's meet in my Pop. Maybe.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tazet
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 09:33:20 PM »

Anyway, it's Bury in a couple of weeks which will be sunny and lovely and in the daylight and nowhere near the bloody North Circ!

Which show is that? and what dates. If manky and I are free we might go too  Smiley

panthershaun

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 09:12:30 AM »

The Bury show is Paul and the Krazy Horse crews party in the center of Bury, not sure of the dates but is was excellent last year. I suppose I could do you a small write up and pictures from last years Manky?

Blue, you made a wise choice I think, it took us 3 hours to get from Meopham to the Ace and I think thats what killed Rolland's engine

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 09:27:14 AM »

Ooh, yes please matey!
Just haven't had time to add write ups to many photo galleries lately so all contributions gratefully received.
Took us just over an hour from Basingstoke -straight up the M3 into central London, then turn left towards Kew on the North Circular. Slow moving traffic on the circular but it kept moving.
Janie & Dave always go M3, M25, A40, but got stuck in traffic on the M25.
Rick passed us on the M3 going home & disappeared into the distance.
You lot obviously live on the wrong side of town.  Smiley

wizzkitt

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 11:12:45 AM »

The Bury show is Paul and the Krazy Horse crews party in the center of Bury, not sure of the dates but is was excellent last year. I suppose I could do you a small write up and pictures from last years Manky?

Blue, you made a wise choice I think, it took us 3 hours to get from Meopham to the Ace and I think thats what killed Rolland's engine

The Krazy Horse do is on 23rd September. Paul swore last year it was a one-off for their 10th anniversary and he'd never do it again, but so many people nagged him (including the local council and shops who had their best Sunday of the year!) that he gave in. Last year was brilliant, although there were a few sore heads from the amazing party the night before.

Yeah Shaun, I think it was a reasonable choice! I hate that trek round the North Circular from East London at the best of times, but trying to do it during rush hour is a nightmare, did it for the hot rod night and it took me the best part of an hour and a half to do 20 miles. Even after having been there dozens of times, the Ace is always a lot further away than I remember it!  Roll Eyes

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 11:04:18 PM »

Some beautiful professional photos of the evening here:

http://www.moparuk.co.uk/showgalleries/aceriot07/

Can you spot Janie & Dave in this shot?

http://www.moparuk.co.uk/showgalleries/aceriot07/pages/IMG_9994.html

Plainy Janie

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 12:08:35 PM »

woo hoo, I can see me.  Cheesy

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
tazet
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 09:20:48 PM »

There was a picture showing all of us in Ricks lot but when I saw the face you were pulling I thought that you would definitely not approve  Grin
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:05:44 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: