May 01, 2024, 12:46:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hants Pageant of Motoring 26th & 27th Aug 2007  (Read 5392 times)
Nannyogg

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 09:32:59 AM »

Hi ya, First time that we have been to the romsey show it was good but not enough classic bikes there .Next year we are hoping to display the MAG stand there along with NABD and various owners clubs(well thats my plan).RE your tonsillitis try taking multi vit;s with Iron for awhile or even better invest in a juicer and double up on your veg /fruit intake. Antibiotics are needed when the body can't fight an illness but unfortunly they kick the poo outta your imune system.Trust me i know from the operation that i had back in march.Perhaps i should have been a doctor instead of wasting my talents as a post  :Doffice counter slave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you all on sunday i hope . Rose.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »

Or how about this 1970s kit car, the FieldMouse, based on a Ford Prefect & one of only 3 left from the original 9 produced?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 09:38:18 AM »

Oh Gawd not another Post Office employee!
Yeah, I know I sound like I'm whinging, (O.K, I am whinging), but I don't get ill very often & this has really just knocked me for 6. Spent 2 weeks hardly able to get out of bed & still getting out of breath doing the simplest things. Walking round the show all day was a real effort. I usually have a pretty junky diet so yup, more fruit & veg I think.
A few more snaps.
Nice little triumph Herald engined bus kept the kids happy all day.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »

Nannyogg

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 09:42:08 AM »

Hi Mankey, the 1920's white is owned by a guy who lives in Otterbourne he came into our garage for fuel on his way to the show yesterday was well worth working the 6am shift just to see a decent car on the forecourt! rose Smiley
Nannyogg

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 09:47:32 AM »

Icecream matey sold us some icecreams called  "FATBOYS" Bloody great big things for four quid. Felt real sick afterwards though as we had just been on the dodgems!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 09:51:17 AM »

Yeah, Taz & I tried a fatboy each at the Victory Wheelers' show, (also held at Broadlands), a couple of weeks ago. Very nice, but we were very nearly sick afterwards. Guess you really can have too much of a good thing.
I would've loved to see the White on the move. Must be a nightmare to control in traffic.
Always looking for unusual motors to feature on the site if you spot anything on your travels.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 06:05:10 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Nannyogg

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 10:01:04 AM »

My Daughter owns a ferenzia (think that is hows its spelt) i will try and get her to send me some pic's to display.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 10:09:08 AM »

A Vauxhall Firenza?
Sort of sporty version of the Viva?
Yes please, some words & a dozen nice piccies of anything you think would interest us & we'll make up a page for it in the Motors section. 

Nannyogg

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 10:16:41 AM »

May take a few days as she lives up north now and they can be abit slowwwwwwwwwwwww in responding!
tazet
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »

Yes It was a very tiring day Manky's first day out since he's been ill and me covered in bruises and aching muscles from having an accident at the competition with work on the Sunday so I was glad to get there so early as it ment that we didn't have to rush about. " advantages with having your car on show. One -you get in free and the other -you don't have to lug everything about all day as you just dump it in the car boot. Grin and it gives you somewhere to rest while you have your lunch. In the galery you can see me cleaning the car, well some bright spark thought if they wet the ground as it would dampen the dust down. Well it did that alright and it made it muddy instead  Cry oh well.
The GT40 was wicked but not something you would use if you are dressed up to go out in ,(skirts a no no). The foot pedals are off set to the left and you really wouldn't want to have big feet to drive it. Once you manage to get in though the seats are very comfy.  Grin
I did suggest to Manky that maybe next year we have a forum stand, same as what we did at Basingstoke FT but thats next year, who knows.  Grin

Please don't mention those Fatboy ice creams. I still feel sick at the thought of them.
davesatan

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 03:56:37 PM »

sorry i missed it nightmare day

how long is a piece of hope
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 05:42:41 PM »

Not had a good weekend Dave?
No probs, we'll catch up with you at another show I'm sure. Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: