April 29, 2024, 06:49:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Garden clearence/BBQ. 29/30 September 07  (Read 60265 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 11:59:31 AM »

Hmm, a triked mower, now there's an idea! Yup, I'd like a long, uncluttered lawn sweeping down to the shed/workshop so I can spend Sunday mornings wandering up & down it with the mower, then snoozing in my hammock all afternoon.
The cottage comes rent-free with Tazzie's job. It's not ours so we don't want to sink 1000s of pounds into it that we'll never get back, but obviously any work we do will be for our benefit. The house itself is erm...shambolic is probably the word. Got lots of potential but really needs completely gutting & starting again. If you don't fancy hacking down the jungle at the end of the garden, you're more than welcome to grab a paintbrush & start on the house!
The regular Sunday morning Boxhill bike meet's only a few miles up the road & there's lots of great riding roads in the area, so obviously you'll all be very welcome to drop in anytime you're in the area.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tazet
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

Yup when we are home the back door will always be open  Grin And Newlands corner is 1 mile away and the car park is always packed on nice weekends.
willy

Telford Shropshire is where you can find me

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »

manky...you've most probley seen this but here you are then.....willy

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3708/trikejohndeerechopperlaed4.jpg
Garden clearence/BBQ. 29/30 September 07

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:51:13 PM by willy » Logged

panthershaun

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 10:12:59 PM »

f Manky wants a longer lawn so he can do pretty stripes up and down it on a ride on mower  Roll Eyes

sad git Tongue Tongue I spent 8 yrs as a green keeper and I'm sick of those nice neat lawns Undecided Undecided Undecided

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
tazet
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 06:03:23 AM »

I knew we should have bought the one off of fleabay. Oh well looks like a new line of builds coming up  Grin

Shaun that explains the lack of grass at your house.

We are thinking of possibly building 2 decks. One outside the back door and one on front of the shed at the end of the garden but that will have to wait for now but it would give me somewhere decent to then put my garden furnature rather than sitting on the grass rotting.

I'm in West Clandon which is near Guildford if you want to see how far away I am from you.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 06:14:44 AM »

Count me in.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 10:51:09 AM »

That's handy then Doc -you could bring that tractor seat along with you!  Cheesy
Didn't the Orange County Chopper idiots build a chop using a lawn mower engine?
Hmm, Lots of Monkies, armed with chainsaws, strimmers & bush cutting equipment -maybe we should have St John's Ambulance on standby.

lunatic

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »

Orange County Idiots Dixie chopper. Cheesy
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 10:15:29 PM »

This has a lawnmower engine - would be great if ir had the mower bit as well, I'd volunteer!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Plainy Janie

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 07:05:49 AM »

Sounds like a great idea!  I'll bring my secateurs.  Wink

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
tazet
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 07:07:23 AM »

Brill. So not only have I got to figure out a date but I've got to find parking for everyone. The local pub has a huge carpark so might have to put some of you there.  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 10:10:28 AM »

Maybe we could sneak off to the pub & leave 'em all to it.
On second thoughts, maybe not -we'd probably come back to find them heading off across the estate, hacking down everything in their path.  Shocked

willy

Telford Shropshire is where you can find me

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 05:19:32 PM »

well its been a nice day here in sunny Telford for a change,i have acctually been able to catch up with some of my work( grass cutting,strimming etc ) i got 4 job done today,thats the most i've done in about 3 weeks......willy

tazet
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 07:19:41 PM »

Yes my gardner managed to show up today too. Bless him he's only learning so I get him to do the garden for cheep.
triker9999

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 08:23:25 PM »

hi guys , just enquiring if anyone from the north west is going to the great jungle assault at Tazet's

wud love to be there , but transport may be an issue. happy to split petrol cost tho!!!

The last words spoken by Union General John Sedgewick were, “They (the Confederate soldiers) couldn’t hit an elephant from this dis…”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: