April 27, 2024, 10:32:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiltshire Steam & Vintage Rally 9-10 June near Marlborough  (Read 2148 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: May 31, 2007, 02:43:18 AM »

Could be good!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 08:39:16 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 08:35:53 AM »

I might just do that one. Smiley
We had a little steam fair here in Basingstoke over the Bank Holiday weekend. Didn't go cos it poured with rain the whole time, but I love steam. Last year, when the show finished, they were racing the traction engines up & down the ringroad -very, very slowly.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 10:22:26 PM »

I had a lovely afternoon here today. Write up soon but a few hundred piccies here:

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/wiltssteam10.6.07/

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »

Just been looking at the phots - oh the nostalgia!  Been closely associated with so many of those cars!

Specially this Triumph Herald......

Me and Hubby No 1 had a Herald hardtop coupe in green and white - imo one of the prettiest cars on the road at the time, and the hardtop was fairly uncommon.  It was also a dream to drive with the sweetest gearchange I've ever used - might be something to do with the 4in gearstick!  And it had IRS when it was something of a novelty in cars that ordinary folks could afford.  And an odd I-frame chassis with outriggers that rusted quicker than you could say 'underseal' and were VERY VERY EXPENSIVE to replace!  But we loved it!  And my dad loved it so he bought the saloon version... and pa-in-law loved it so he bought the Vitesse....

And I used to drive some of those old tractors - I specially remember the old Fordson TVO ones - you had to leave them running while you stopped for lunch, they would sit there rocking and chuntering away to themselves till you came back - cos if you stopped them they wouldn't start again till they were cold!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:17:38 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:08:44 AM »

Yeah, I thought of you while I was ambling about in the sunshine Bobbi. I actually took the Herald snap just for you!
A very nice little show -well, quite a big show actually. I really enjoyed it. Big enough to be interesting but small enough to be informal & friendly. Shame you couldn't make it. Quite a few bikes there too.
-don't people get worked up over old tractors! I must admit though, some of the 20s & 30s ones were beautiful.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:00:34 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 11:06:58 PM »

When you work on farms your life gets very bound up with tractors and their various personalities!  Well I don't know if that's true today but it was when I was tractoring - 40 years ago!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: