April 29, 2024, 02:00:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike Show South West. 5 -6 May 07  (Read 7634 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »

Yup, two casualties over the weekend -SaddleBags managed to slash his hand with a penknife while untying his trike in the back of the hire van -& Flap lost his favourite CartMan hat, which I ran over too, at 80 mph in the van. 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 09:50:43 PM »

Still not had a chance to sort out everything from the weekend. I'll post full photos & some words very soon I promise.

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 11:12:54 PM »

Spent the weekend at the Southwest show this weekend with Mrs Byzmax and the kids and in the company of the MankyMonkey crew.

A Big thankyou to Andy for allowing me to display my Beach Bastard and XS11 Trike alongside the MankyMonkey Trikes!

Congrats to Flap for getting the Runner up Honours for his Orange reliant Trike. Sorry to hear about the demise of your hat though

Thanks also to Scott, Jo, Simon, Nigel, lunatic and his Dad, Flap, Rainbow Yoda and all the rest that I have not listed for making it a great weekend.

To my utter amazement I got a highly commended for the the Beach Bastard.  Somewhat suprised as I've never shown owt before!

Sadly the show itself gets smaller each year and whilst it is does not come close to what it was 15 years ago it was a good first experience for the kids and although only a few hundred camped the whole weekend there were a huge amount of day trippers.

My thanks go to all of those that took time to look at my creations and those of the Manky Crew and their positive comments.

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 11:15:44 PM »

More Pics

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
tazet
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 06:59:01 AM »

Trikes look good from the pics I've seen and hardly recognised Saddlebags's one from when I last saw it. Looking good.
Well done Flap on your runners up prize.
It's a shame I could not have gone to this as it would have been good to see everyone and all the builds on display and to be part of the crew ish. Oh well next time possibly. (Basingstoke here we come)  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 12:01:05 PM »

Been stupidly busy for the last couple of weeks. Still got a couple of quick vehicle write -ups to do from WheelsDay at Easter, some more Merchandise photos to add, the Shepton show piccies to seperate from theShepton  Monkey Tour Crew ones & write ups to add, the MonkeyNuts Run piccies & words to add, Janie & Rick's Alton 50s Day contributions & Janie's classic bike run pics & words.
S-O-O much to do!
I enjoyed Shepton too, but you're right, it's only a sad shadow of it's former glory. The general consensus seems to be that a change of management & the cancellation of the camping a few years ago have killed it off. Even though camping was re-instated after a couple of years, it was too late. People have found other shows to go to. We made our own entertainment though & everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Piccies soon, honest!

rainbow
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 03:28:46 PM »

I had just put my pic of the show to disk and had to find a case for it.  The first one I picked up and opened,  had a disk  in it that Andy had sent me of last years show.  Weird Shocked Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 10:14:23 PM »

Still not organised but here's the piccies from this year's show:

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/shepton07/

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 02:45:08 PM »

Rainbow's photos now added to the Gallery.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: