April 30, 2024, 08:30:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Transport Festival ?  (Read 7388 times)
rainbow
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 06:45:27 AM »

Hee hee hee!
Ohh, I have s-o-o much ammunition stored in my photo archives!  Grin

I also have lots of ammuntion Grin Roll Eyes Grin
tazet
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 06:55:14 AM »

I'm sure you do.
flap

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 07:05:36 PM »

We all went and it rained and rained and rained. Now my trikes covered in mud and it looks like I've been ploughing a field with it.

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
rainbow
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 07:11:49 PM »

We all went and it rained and rained and rained. Now my trikes covered in mud and it looks like I've been ploughing a field with it.

Oh, dear Grin But did you have a nice time?
rainbow
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 07:12:47 PM »

Sorry, I could not make it in the end, was a bit wet myself Grin
flap

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »

We did have a good time, Lunatic had a huge marquee and Nige had a gazebo so we put my trike Nige's and Si's under them as ours had to be ridden home, If we'd had left them outside they might not of started again.

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 09:15:24 PM »

Wimps! Hiding in ya gazebos! Us real bikers left our trikes out in the rain.
Then towed them home.
Poured down nearly all day today, which was a real shame cos the organisers had had a record number of pre-entries. The weather decimated the turn-out & most people had drifted away by mid afternoon. Still some interesting stuff to look at though.
We fielded 6 trikes, 2 cars & a pickup, which ain't bad at all, so well done chaps. Thanks for making the effort to turn out in such inclement conditions. As usual, we seemed to attract a lot of attention from the showgoers. I think we were probably the busiest club stand -but that might've been because we had the biggest tent.
The roll call:
Janie & Dave in their Consul, from Aldershot.
ByzMax with his VW trike from Windsor, (thanks for trailering my vehicles about all day mate. Much appreciated).
Lunatics, Junior & Senior with their VW trike from B/stoke.
Chevy Rick with his Chevy pickup from Lymington, (displayed in the commercial vehicle section).
Tazet with her BMW coupe from Guildford, (displayed on the BMW owners club stand).
Nige with his Reliant trike from B'stoke.
Si with his Reliant trike from B/stoke.
Flap with his Reliant trike from B/stoke.
And me with my Reliant trike chassis & Pop project, also from B/stoke.
Plus of course, various friends & family who came to see us & eat our donuts during the course of the day.
Next year it'll be glorious sunshine. Honest.
Rick, if you've got any piccies can you email 'em over please so I can get the photo gallery made up.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:55:09 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Plainy Janie

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 07:28:02 AM »

Had a great laugh yesterday everyone, despite the weather!  Had a drive in Ricks Chevy, he told me to keep away from the marquee  Huh  I think the traders were having a tough time - 6 dougnuts and 4 toffee cookies cost me £11 !!!!!   I didn't see that coming  Angry

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 08:36:36 AM »

Was nice to see everyone at the BTF yesterday.   Grin I had a good day despite the Horizontal rain, thunder/lightning etc.  Roll Eyes On the plus side the weather co-operated when loading and unloading vehicles from the various concoctions of towing devices that were employed to move the various vehicles to and from the site.

The array of vehicles on display was fantastic to see and it was a shame that many of those that had brought their pride and joys to the show left just as the weather improved.  Roll Eyes

Looking forward to seeing the pictures in the gallery.

Thanks for the silencers and the petrol cap Manky they will come in useful!

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
40 Sedan

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 12:29:18 PM »

Sorry we missed you yesterday Manky, got your note on the car, came over a couple of times to find you in between sheltering in the pub.  Anyone any idea who's the Black model Y was that made a brief visit???
Plainy Janie

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 01:20:13 PM »

yes byzmax, I had to laugh, as I was walking back with coffee in hand (taz is holding the umbrella above my head).  Over the Tannoy yesterday the gentleman asked, please don't leave in your vehicles just yet as the weather is getting better.  Moments later it was crashing thunder and lightning above our heads as we huddled under the tent

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »

I think that poor tannoy bloke was getting a bit desperate for things to talk about by the end of the afternoon! He keep gamely plugging away though, while the thunder nearly drowned him out.
A real shame the weather wasn't in their favour after so many people put in so much effort behind the scenes. This has grown into one of the biggest vehicle meets in the country -over 1200 machines booked in this year. Glad we all went along though.
40 sedan -thought we'd leave a card on your windscreen just to show we'd spotted you. Lovely car. Any chance of a write up?
I saw the black Y from a distance as it drove out. Wondering if it was the same one that was at last year's Southampton MAG bike show in Eastleigh. Take a look at the Street Cars bit of the main site.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 01:44:12 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

tazet
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 06:40:11 AM »

Good to meet you Byz and your wife (although we were never introduced) and Captainspannerfingers too,  Grin
Thanks for the marquee Luny and well done for getting it up with no instructions it worked very well and thank your mate for helping.
I know what you mean by expensive Janie. Think I went with about £35 and only came home with £5 and the only thing I have to show for it is the red brolly bought for £3.99. money well spent  Grin Just got to get the logo put on it  Grin
Although the weather was horrid I think everything went very well including the donughts i brought and the weather held off long enough to set up then pack away, just the bit in the middle was iffy but you had to laugh. I also had my car there on the BMW stand right at the front  Grin
Our stand was the best for sure and seemed to have the most people around it asking questions and taking the cards for the site and sheltering from the rain  Grin
Ska Man I found a couple of pegs in the car this morning will return them asap.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 01:55:47 PM »

Photos now on line.

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/bstoketransportfest13.5.07/

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 02:01:09 PM »

My favourite vehicle of the day was this lovely little truck.
Reminds me of Twizzle's breakdown truck.
...Anyone remember Twizzle? Black & white kids' TV show? Puppets? Had legs that used to stretch?
Forever rescuing cats from trees & stuff?
...No?
God I'm getting old.  Sad
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:50:37 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: