April 26, 2024, 09:01:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd Hayling Island Reunion 20 May 2007  (Read 6791 times)
53catalina

« on: April 24, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »

Victory Wheelers are pleased to bring you the 2nd Annual Hayling Reunion.
All Hot Rods, Bikes, Classic Americans are welcome.

See you there..........................................................................................

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/53catalina/hayling-logo.gif
2nd Hayling Island Reunion 20 May 2007

If the pub car park is full, the neighbouring car park has a small charge of circa £3.00
rainbow
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »

Victory Wheelers are pleased to bring you the 2nd Annual Hayling Reunion.
All Hot Rods, Bikes, Classic Americans are welcome.

See you there..........................................................................................

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/53catalina/hayling-logo.gif
2nd Hayling Island Reunion 20 May 2007

If the pub car park is full, the neighbouring car park has a small charge of circa £3.00

I might be able to make this Grin  Am due to vist some friends who live in Hayling Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 08:26:27 AM »

Munching bacon croissants here at the moment, but will be there by lunchtime. Photos later.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
rainbow
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:03:29 AM »

Not going to be able to make this now Angry  Will be spending to day fixing my bike Angry

Have a nice time Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 08:36:43 PM »

I did indeed have a nice time & so did Mr Rick.
Photos here to prove it.
I'll add Rick's piccies when they arrive in the post.

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/hayling20.5.07/

brock

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 11:58:22 PM »

I want that Plymouth, I mean really want it. I just found a complete and original car , '68 Fury lll hardtop , for $750 ono , unfortunatly it's in Cleveland, Ohio that is, bugger.
Chevy Rick

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »

Every picture tells a story, who stopped in the pub on the way back,Pompy sea front cruise my arse. Grin Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 10:55:35 AM »

Yeah, the Fury had to be my favourite of the day too. Had full Chicano style dancing suspension as well, though I didn't see it in action. Close second was either the Roswell  inspired A or the big black high ridin' Chevy, ('56?). The black pro street Consul was nice too -looked like it was hovering along the road.
Rick, seeing as we both offered to buy the other a drink & both turned out to be tee-total, the pub would've been wasted on me, besides which I had a huge roast pork dinner waiting for me at home.
Spotted the Chevy & the Consul, along with the orange Chevy station wagon, the Roadrunner & the yellow Zodiac, in the Barley Mow, just off the sea front, so pulled in to take a couple of snaps. Ran out of memory card space though so had to be content with following them back towards the A3. Sitting behind a Roadrunner, as it executes a snaking burnout away from the pub is guaranteed to make you grin.
A good day out. Thanks for your company Rick.  Grin   

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 12:15:19 PM »

Ace Cafe Lowrider Special.
Noon till 4pm, Saturday 26th May 07. Cool

lunatic

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »

Looks like I wont be going to run to the sun, so I might take the afternoon off and go to this! I love Lowriders.
Chevy Rick

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 04:00:25 PM »

Hi Andy only joking, i'm jealous cos i didn't have a roast pork dinner waiting for me ahhhhhhh Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 06:28:21 PM »

Second dinner Tazet cooked that day. She couldn't make it to Hayling cos she was providing lunch for Lord & Lady Onslow & the Dean of Guildford Cathedral. Pot Noodles all round I think.
I'm assuming it's lowrider cars & not bikes Loony, cos the flyer for May's events at the Ace says All American Cruise & Lowrider Special pre Chelsea Cruise meet.
Haven't been to the Chelsea Cruise for about 25 years. Wonder what it's like now.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 11:25:07 AM »

Rick's photos now added to the Hayling gallery.

http://mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/hayling20.5.07/

Thanks Rick.  Wink

40 Sedan

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 07:54:37 AM »

Manky, Chelsea has been a bit low key for a while, they've recently put double yellows on the bridge, from memory they aren't operating on a Saturday but the residents of the flats by the bridge have kicked up to the council and they're tightning up.  The bloke who runs the tea cabin on the bridge doesn't open now when the parking restrictions apply because people can't stop, bet the council didn't think of his livelyhood.  Real shame but the buzz has gone really.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 12:10:56 PM »

That's a shame. I suppose all these things have a natural lifespan & peter out eventually for one reason or another. Yoda & I were saying the other day that we'd be suprised if the Shepton Mallet bike show lasts another year. Used to be huge & the show to be seen at, but it's gradually wound down & got smaller year by year. Other shows have stepped in to fill the gap though & I guess the same happens with rod runs.
I fondly remember travelling up to London on the train with a couple of school mates each month, back in the late 70s, to wander around Battersea, gawping at the endless procession of machinery cruising the circuit. Wouldn't dream of venturing there after dark now! I think it died when they took the cruisers off the roads & made them pay to park in Battersea Park.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: