April 29, 2024, 06:49:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Hogs.  (Read 1224 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: April 18, 2007, 10:51:23 PM »

Last night Tazet & I took a trip to the local multiplex to see Wild Hogs, the new bike comedy.
Anyone else seen it? Starred John Travolta, Tim Allen, William.H.Macey & Martin Lawrence as middle aged guys looking for adventure on a cross country bike ride.
The usual Hollywood bike gang stuff. Very predictable, but pleasantly amusing. Some great riding shots of the 4 of them crossing deserts & mountains & stuff. Good soundtrack too. I thought Travolta was overacting a bit, but otherwise, pretty good.
Some sneaky product placement too. Obviously every bike in the film's a Harley, but Orange County Choppers, of the American Chopper TV series, were strongly hyped too. Paul Senior from OCC, had a cameo role in a biker bar at the start of the film, & the head bad guy rode an OCC chop. Several gang members were wearing OCC T shirts too. Tim Allen also wore a Davida pudding basin helmet, with their logo prominently displayed across the front.
I wonder if we could persuade them to wear MMMotors shirts in the sequel?
There's no big plot suprises to give away so I don't think it matters if I reveal that Peter Fonda borrows from his Easyrider persona to make a guest appearance at the end of the film. Overall, I'll give it 4 out of a possible five Manky bananas.

http://wildhogs.movies.go.com/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 07:05:55 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
saddlebags

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 05:03:55 AM »

Speaking of sneaky product placement i was thumbing this mays edition of bsh at my local newsagents only to come across another mmm t-shirt being sported large as life in one of the articles.
tazet
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 07:24:51 AM »

Yup we are taking over the world hahahahahaha  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: