March 28, 2024, 10:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1537160 times)
flc

« Reply #600 on: April 27, 2008, 08:36:32 AM »

looking good andy, its getting me into doing my minor, give us a pm about machining. Smiley
cj looks nice i had a cb 250 g5 chop when i was a lad good times Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 08:38:03 AM by flc » Logged
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #601 on: April 27, 2008, 10:35:03 AM »

thats looking almost finished Grin Brock's got the same mounting idea on his axle aint he? looks good Manky and it works Smiley luv the stance of it oh the joys of aving a garage Smiley ...nice touch that Loony and PD have given the kid summut to develop..he's a lucky kid Smiley

More metal than skin
shabby

« Reply #602 on: April 27, 2008, 10:53:46 AM »

nice one texon ,will look sweeeeeeeeet  Grin

TIDY
texon

« Reply #603 on: April 28, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »

Well I got the pic now all i need do is build it I am collecting parts as I type any donations greatfilly received lol I got your old pop seat Manky and a fine patina they are too  Grin if you want to put the pic on the ideas sketchbook no prob I will send you some more I have one I did of a std pop so ppl can have a mess about with it for ideas also I have just drawn one of Ron's Jam Roller but you will have to ask Ron to use that you know what he`s like check avatar MY PRECIOUS  Grin  Grin  Grin
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 09:02:28 PM by texon » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #604 on: April 28, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »

Has Ron been spreading my old Pop parts all over Yorkshire?! You're very welcome mate.  Wink
The more input we get the better so feel free to email us any more artwork you've got.

VB, let's hope it encourages the lad to do something positive -most of the kids I see in Basingstoke can't be bothered to do anything. Start 'em young eh. The boys had a visit from the Health & Safety people to check the premises were trainee-friendly, so much feverish tidying up ensued. Passed with flying colours though.
Brock's been in touch via email to suggest a better way of mounting the shock absorbers. A length of box section, (same as the chassis if we've got enough left), with one face cut off & welded vertically to the axle. A series of holes in the front face for shock mount adjustment, then simply bolt through the eye of the shock into a nut & spring washer behind the box. Very simple but much stronger than flat plate.

3 hole shock mounts

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #605 on: April 28, 2008, 09:34:06 PM »

VB, let's hope it encourages the lad to do something positive -most of the kids I see in Basingstoke can't be bothered to do anything. Start 'em young eh. The boys had a visit from the Health & Safety people to check the premises were trainee-friendly, so much feverish tidying up ensued. Passed with flying colours though.
Brock's been in touch via email to suggest a better way of mounting the shock absorbers. A length of box section, (same as the chassis if we've got enough left), with one face cut off & welded vertically to the axle. A series of holes in the front face for shock mount adjustment, then simply bolt through the eye of the shock into a nut & spring washer behind the box. Very simple but much stronger than flat plate.

3 hole shock mounts

Now thats a good idea maybe with a bit of thought that could be applied to da trikes back end frame mounting cos it would still be removable

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #606 on: April 28, 2008, 10:08:15 PM »

Had some errands to do after work today, but managed to cut another cross member to sit behind the cab. Loony's tacked it in place. Not to strengthen the chassis -the thing's built like a tank already -just to give somewhere to bolt the front of the pick-up bed to, as well as the original oval Ford fuel tank, which'll sit in the bed, tucked up against the back of the cab. 
I started cutting out the new design shock mounts, but ran out of time, so will take some piccies tomorrow.

shabby

« Reply #607 on: April 28, 2008, 11:28:29 PM »

looks really well there manky need to get my finger out too lol Grin

TIDY
madron

« Reply #608 on: April 29, 2008, 07:39:48 PM »

Well I got the pic now all i need do is build it I am collecting parts as I type any donations greatfilly received lol I got your old pop seat Manky and a fine patina they are too  Grin if you want to put the pic on the ideas sketchbook no prob I will send you some more I have one I did of a std pop so ppl can have a mess about with it for ideas also I have just drawn one of Ron's Jam Roller but you will have to ask Ron to use that you know what he`s like check avatar MY PRECIOUS  Grin  Grin  Grin

manky you have my permission to print anything texon draws EXCEPT ME  lol
texon

« Reply #609 on: April 30, 2008, 07:35:08 AM »

uuuugggghh the thought of it  Embarrassed Manky did you get the other pics I emailed you
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:41:43 AM by texon » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #610 on: April 30, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »

Yup, got the drawings thanks mate. We'll get them online soon -well, Taz will. I'm slowly getting to grips with this techno stuff, but I'm still not confident to do stuff without her being there in case I bugger it up. She's just left for her first carriage driving event of the year & won't be back till Sunday.
For those who don't know, Taz & I live in a cottage on a country estate that comes with her job. She's head groom/stable manager/general dogsbody for Lord Onslow of Surrey. A big part of the job involves looking after & training his carriage driving ponies -Welsh Palominos. They compete in driving events all over the country & she's loading up the horsebox as we speak to head off to Brighton for the first event of the year.  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:19:13 PM by tazet » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #611 on: April 30, 2008, 09:52:25 AM »

My day off today, so when I get a minute I'll sand the welds smooth on the shock mounts & drill the holes. We were going to add a series of holes for adjustment, but we'll be putting the shocks on the lowest setting & any adjustment possible would only lift the back of the Pop higher -very '70s but not the look we're after. Loony would like the chassis dragging the road on airbags, but it's got to be reasonably driveable, so we'll stick with one shock position for now. 

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #612 on: April 30, 2008, 09:53:06 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #613 on: April 30, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »

New chassis cross member, on the left. More for mounting stuff on than for strength.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #614 on: April 30, 2008, 09:56:02 AM »

The body looks deceptively smooth in photos but it's actually still very rough. A lot of work yet to do.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: