April 25, 2024, 06:22:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1547481 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #480 on: February 17, 2008, 03:28:28 PM »

Great! Got any about your person?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #481 on: February 20, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »

PantherShaun called in at Loony's workshop yesterday & carted off my old original Pop chassis for his own pick-up project. So now I'm committed to new rolling gear. I'm chassisless until Valley Gas knock up the new box section rails for me.
Spent a few minutes at my lock-up in Basingstoke after work today & got the Rover motor fired up & running. Sounds awesome with the roar of the open Range Rover headers bouncing off the walls! Everyone should have a V8 sat in the garage -just to fire up when things aren't going so smoothly. Instant grin inducer.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:16:01 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

panthershaun

« Reply #482 on: February 20, 2008, 11:49:38 PM »

I've got some of that on video from Tuesday Grin Grin Grin Grin can let you have it if you beg Tongue Tongue Tongue

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #483 on: February 21, 2008, 04:57:01 AM »

Please, please, please!
Can't really post it here as video clips take up a hell of a lot of room on the site, but if you can host it elsewhere, (YouTube?), you can post the link to it here.

panthershaun

« Reply #484 on: February 21, 2008, 10:57:40 AM »

here you go mate, hope this goes someway to appeasing my appalling behavior on another thread Embarrassed Embarrassed

sorry about the commentary by the p1**head at the start Angry

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z0RTqZDSuDU

VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #485 on: February 21, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »

oooo thats well nice Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #486 on: February 21, 2008, 06:37:40 PM »

Fired it up again this afternoon. Burst into life with the first touch of the wires on the battery terminals & ticked over very nicely. Collect the new chassis from Valley Gas Speed Shop next week, bung the motor in & nail the body on & away we go -I wish. Definitely given my enthusiasm for the project a big boost though. Can't wait to start putting it together now.
My lock-up's usually very quiet, tranquil even. It's quite pleasant to tinker with the trike there on a Summer's afternoon. Although it's in a service yard behind a row of shops on a council estate, it's normally deserted. Not the day Shaun turned up though. Shaun, Loony & myself, plus a bunch of builders remodelling one of the shops, plus 2 guys from neighbouring garages, plus some drunk from the pub next door who thinks he's an expert on engines. The rumble of the Rover motor seemed to draw them all in. It's the drunk guy you can hear advising us to rev it more at the start of that clip. However you can also hear Loony telling me not to rev it too much cos the flames from the open exhausts were firing straight onto the plastic fuel can!
Safety at all times people.  Tongue

brock

« Reply #487 on: February 21, 2008, 07:19:01 PM »

my favorite bit is when you have battery, fuel can, jump leads etc all balanced on top of it and at the first touch of the throttle it falls over
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #488 on: February 21, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »

Obviously only a fool would start an engine up without first ensuring it's properly secured.
Ahem. Tongue

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2008, 11:31:39 PM »

Called in at Loony's workshop this afternoon. He's picked up a couple of sheets of 18/20 gauge steel to create the rest of the cab back with. Will take a lot of work to create the double curve of the corners, but should look good when it's done.
We arrived to find the cab laying on it's side. Had Loony been racing it round the yard & found it doesn't corner too well without wheels? Nope, he'd rolled it over to take a better look at the sills. It's a tribute to the bracing we put in at the start that the body could be upended like that & still stay in shape & intact. Unfortunately the bottom few inches of the shell are pretty rotten. The last 6 inches of the door skins are full of filler which has bubbled & lifted, & the A panels are in bad shape.
The curves aren't easy to replicate so it's time to buy in a couple of repair pieces. A pair of A panels, (the bit in front of the door, including the lower hinge mount. I think Shaun's already changed this bit on his own project), plus a pair of door repair sections, (the bottom 6 inches).
Loony's decided to ditch the original sills as well & make up new, more slimline ones. I can't wait to just be able to open the door & sit inside the shell. Smiley 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 11:29:34 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #490 on: February 23, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »

panthershaun

« Reply #491 on: February 24, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »

I think Shaun's already changed this bit on his own project)

Only on the drivers side, Grizz made up his own repair section Grin Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #492 on: March 07, 2008, 11:52:55 PM »

No real progress to report yet. I ordered a pile of bits from "Pop Parts Plus" & collected them from their stall at the NSRA swapmeet in Essex at the weekend. I've now got all the window window mechanisms & door latches, as well as a pair of A post repair sections & the repair panel for the passenger door. They're re-tooling at the moment & won't be able to supply the driver's door panel for a week or so. I also picked up a pair of repro '32 Ford exterior door handles.
Loony's got a couple of other customer's cars to work on but hopefully the Pop bodyshell will be a lot more solid by the time Valley Gas Speed Shop get the new chassis sorted.
I had a quick chat to Kev of the SVA consultation committee at the swapmeet. He reckons if I can find proof of the Rover engine's age I only have to conform to the emmisions regs for that year, which will be a bonus.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #493 on: March 07, 2008, 11:54:48 PM »

VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #494 on: March 08, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »

them pre molding bits look dead handy Smiley is that lunatics bsa? luv the helmet Smiley

More metal than skin
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: