April 25, 2024, 07:02:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1547722 times)
panthershaun

« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2007, 10:54:01 AM »

I'll ask for you Manky, as I will need to know as well.But I do think it is modified at all, including axles, brakes etc sod sod sod  Angry Angry Angry

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2007, 07:31:33 PM »

You could tow it behind the trike eh!

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #377 on: December 21, 2007, 07:37:09 PM »

There is - or used to be - a points system for deciding whether a vehicle can keep the original registration, but basically it means it need to keep about 3 out 4 main parts, ie frame (or chassis), engine, wheels, suspension.  That's how come my trike has the old reg no, as really only the swingarm is modded.  Don't think yours will qualify for that!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Hillbilly Deluxe

i dont have an attitude ....maybe it's just you ??

« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »

i think that you just notified them of too many major changes ,should have done it gradually .

tazet
« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2007, 02:36:06 PM »

He only put engine number and changed body style and nothing else. He had to send the V5 off to change the address on it when he moved.
Hillbilly Deluxe

« Reply #380 on: December 23, 2007, 09:09:39 AM »

yea,but what i meant,was,notify changes one at a time,ive done it recently with a chop,changed the engine number,then,later on changed the chassis on the book.

tazet
« Reply #381 on: December 23, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »

Oh well. Bit late now  Sad
mouse

« Reply #382 on: December 23, 2007, 10:07:53 AM »

Oh well. Bit late now  Sad
Good Morning Tazet cold aint it m8

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #383 on: December 23, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »

Yeah, I've always changed details over bit by bit like that, but the system's just getting tighter & tighter now. If it didn't get picked up straight away it'd probably get flagged up when I tried to MOT it, or, God forbid, if I ever had an accident they'd declare it illegally registered. I'll look into the SVA situation. My brother, Brock, keeps telling me it's the way to go & not as tough to pass as it's made out to be -same as ByzMax says about the trike MSVA. I'd rather be completely legit & not have to worry about being pulled.
It'll be a challenge to build to the regulations!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
lunatic

« Reply #384 on: December 23, 2007, 12:15:41 PM »

If you change the body style of a car from, say a saloon to a pick up, they will ask for an engineers report. Its been like that for years. I guess to try and stop the ' I chopped the ass off my car and replaced it with a packing crate, now its a pick up' people.
I think building to msva regs is a challenge, but worth it as more people will get picked up at mots and have to re register and sva test their cars.
The points thing is to keep the vehicles identity. You can keep the original plate if you have a certain amount of points, As we only have half the body and some of the chassis that will remain unmolested, I think a Q plate will be on its way! Grin But a Q plate doesnt matter anymore as the dvla are going to try and get all modified vehicles on Q plates eventually. This way everyone involved with the car, mot testers, coppers etc, will know its modified. Not really a bad thing, as the testers will know to look for mods and that they are done safely.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #385 on: December 23, 2007, 01:46:32 PM »

Also when buying a vehicle that's on a Q plate you will be more able to feel confident that it's properly registered.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Hillbilly Deluxe

« Reply #386 on: December 24, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »

Q-plate,ive only been offered 3rd party only insurance in the past,might be different now,it was a while ago.
you should have no problem with test mate,from what ive seen and read,you build things properly and safely anyway.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 12:43:35 PM by doc » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #387 on: December 24, 2007, 11:29:57 PM »

I think I need to find someone who's put a vehicle through the SVA before. Or get hold of a copy of the regs. Really wanted to get the Pop on the road for the Summer.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 12:48:20 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

brock

« Reply #388 on: December 25, 2007, 12:34:19 PM »

This is a Good Thing, it really should not be a surprise as the system is getting better all the time, getting a "friendly" MOT tester to ignore changes is also not happening as I believe it once might, as it is now their licence and livleyhood on the line. Furthermore, there are the beginings of dark rumours regarding classic, historic, or just plain old cars being held to a restricted annual milage. All of the forgoing and more points to SVA being the way forward. Now you get the chance to build a "proper" car, re-read all those articles I sent you on chassis design, bin that fifty year old 30 horse chassis and construct something fit for purpose. Join the NSRA, get the manual , contact Kev Rooney and talk it through, he's the premier available source of accurate information and would seem to be keen to promote proper builds. You've made such a cracking good start on it , it would be a shame to waste it all with substandard underpinnings. Again, as always , this is just an opinion and should be treated as such.

And Happy Christmas to one and all
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #389 on: December 25, 2007, 12:55:06 PM »

O.K, let's do it!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: