March 28, 2024, 08:43:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1537124 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10620 on: July 13, 2018, 09:37:58 PM »

I hadn't thought of that!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Stix

« Reply #10621 on: July 13, 2018, 11:35:40 PM »

A small strip of ally or stainless underneath to hide the cut edge from view will tidy it up.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10622 on: July 26, 2018, 09:15:33 PM »

Finally returned to the garage with a fresh eye after my holiday & had another look at the headlining. Managed to carefully pull the problem corner down into place using a longer bolt -so major headache averted!
I decided that rather than clipping the sun visors to the interior light fitting, I'd rather clip them on the outside edges. So I swapped the visors, left to right, then very carefully drilled the bodywork & attached the spring clips with tiny self tapping screws. They're at a slight angle to the pins on the visors, so don't clip in square, but it's enough to hold them in place. I may have to modify the doors when they come back as I'm not sure if the pins are inside the line of the door shuts when the visors are down -depends how thick the new interior door trims are.
Now I've got several small areas of paintwork to repair before I move on to the next panel, but thankfully, no disasters. Yet.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:19:39 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10623 on: July 26, 2018, 09:16:24 PM »

In the clippy up position

& the flappy down position. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:35:31 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

poprodder

« Reply #10624 on: July 28, 2018, 03:30:12 AM »

lookng very smart andy, nice work.
good to see you back on it.

the coppersmith

« Reply #10625 on: July 28, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »

OHHH! that looks very good  Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10626 on: July 28, 2018, 06:13:13 PM »

Met up with Archie this afternoon to take a look at the barn he rents space in. It's shared by 4 or 5 car guys & one of them's moved out. I've been offered his space. It's about 15 feet square, which would give me room for the Pop & all it's parts, plus my workbench & tool chests & has light & electricity.
I decided against it though. It's a draughty corrugated steel barn, like a Nissen hut, is very cold in the Winter & is a car drive from home, out in the sticks.
I rent 3 lock-up garages at the moment, all within walking distance of home. The barn would be cheaper, but once my bike's gone I can stop renting one & the second only contains parts for the Pop. So eventually I'll only need one.
My Pop garage, (actually all 3 garages), are warm & dry & have better locks than the barn.
The only downside is they're on a council estate & don't have electricity, but I've got a small generator & rechargable lights. Once the Pop's finished I'll only need parking room & somewhere for occasional maintenance.
Being close to home, I can walk there & drive the Pop whenever I feel like it.
The main reason for staying put though is because I don't have to rely on anyone else, or keep in their good books to keep the roof over my project. I have my own little space where I can do what I want. That makes the lock-up the winner.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:15:08 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10627 on: July 31, 2018, 10:09:37 PM »

Not much to show, but I've spent the evening fixing the nicks & scrapes caused by fitting the headlining panel. Looks like that will be the routine with all the panels. When I originally had them upholstered, some were a bit gappy round the edges -you could see the soundproofing material underneath -so I had a soft rubber edging bead added. Now they're a really tight fit & I'm struggling to get them in place & all the bolt holes lined up.
You can't really see here, but I've added an offcut of the beading around the interior light housing.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10628 on: July 31, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »

While the paint was drying on the areas I'd retouched, I started fitting the next panel around the rear window. Needs a bit of thumping to get it to sit right, but almost there.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10629 on: August 01, 2018, 11:06:55 PM »

In the current hot weather, I'm getting home from work absolutely knackered. So I've got into the habit of having a couple of hour's siesta, then venturing out again in the evening. It's midnight now & I've just got home from the garage.
Just pottering, listening to Planet Rock on the radio & fitting a few more upholstery panels. I still need to paint the chassis, but am working my way down from the roof to keep things as clean as I can
Having glued sound proofing material to the body, I'm wondering if the interior panels will drum instead. Hopefully not if they're upholstered, but the roof panel pops up & down if you push on it. Won't find out till I drive it I guess.
The square panels under the window are plywood, while all the others are steel. The recesses in them are to clear the backs of the seats.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #10630 on: August 02, 2018, 05:57:01 AM »

Living the spanish way of life then sir Grin

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10631 on: August 02, 2018, 08:23:03 AM »

It's the same temperature Sad

mrhutch

« Reply #10632 on: August 02, 2018, 09:07:37 AM »

that looks bloody lovely Andy...  keep on going
Archie

« Reply #10633 on: August 02, 2018, 11:52:25 AM »

The dynamat should take a lot of the vibration away so hopefully won’t pass it on
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10634 on: August 02, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »

I've fitted all these panels once before, but wasn't happy with the paint & there were gaps around some of them. Fresh paint & modified upholstery now. I forget how basic it was when it was last on the road -I drove it with holes in the roof & holes in the floor & no glass in the doors, or door panels or floor covering all year until Loony & I took it to Holland in the November. I've never driven it with this upholstery in.

Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: