March 28, 2024, 01:08:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1537213 times)
Stix

« Reply #9810 on: September 07, 2017, 07:40:43 AM »

No time for running amok gotta go shopping and banking and doing the foreman bit whilst the builders are crashing and banging about upstairs.😃😃👍
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9811 on: September 07, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »

Tongue I'm easily boozled.
Can't run the motor at the moment -no wiring. Or fuel lines. Or engine mounts.
Yeah, Reliants use the square washers on the sump bolts.
O.K, I'll order a sump gasket then. Need to order an engine sump gasket too. I'll probably wait till the engine's bolted back in properly, (it's sat on a trolley jack with just one engine mount at the moment, while I paint the chassis leg that the other mount bolts to). Then, once I've got the dust from wire brushing the chassis cleaned up, I can drop both sumps together & probably get them powder coated while they're off, (yes, obviously I'll make sure they're free of grit before they go back on).

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
terry t

« Reply #9812 on: September 07, 2017, 05:54:20 PM »

When is this going to the auto electricians for a rewire
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9813 on: September 07, 2017, 08:22:47 PM »

Over Christmas.
Don't often "diss" businesses here, but I rang Real Steel this afternoon to order the new engine & gearbox sump gaskets. I've bought parts over the counter there several times, but have to say whoever answered the phone today was the most ignorant, blunt, unhelpful bloke I've ever dealt with. Forget it, I'll go elsewhere.
Rang Rimmer Brothers. 2 minutes later it was sorted. 2 gaskets, 9 quid including postage. On their way.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #9814 on: September 08, 2017, 07:28:25 AM »

Praps it was his time of the month ? Roll Eyes

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9815 on: September 08, 2017, 10:02:24 PM »

It doesn't take much to put you (us) off completely does it?   I used to get bike parts from a place that was run by people I knew.  Rang up one day for a pattern clutch plate set for the Kwak to be told very bluntly (not by one of the lads I knew) that they could only supply a genuine one.

So I simply shopped elsewhere after that (and found Wemoto was generally cheaper!)  Don't think I've ever been back.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9816 on: September 09, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »

Yeah, you're right Bobbi. I've got a feeling the guy I spoke to is actually the owner, (Australian type accent), so ought to be the most helpful one there, but he was obviously in Friday afternoon mode & not interested at all. Their loss. I won't bother going back.

paulywombats

« Reply #9817 on: September 09, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »

Time to diversify Andy, time for the birth of Manky Monkey Parts.

To be fair with the number of parts sold, swapped and supplied for the price of postage, I think it already here! Smiley

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9818 on: September 09, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »

Cheesy
I really enjoy road trips, especially to places I haven't been to before, & have jumped in the car to deliver parts to people quite a few times. Maybe I should retire from Royal Mail & start the Manky Monkey Messenger service in the Pop -although it'd cost a fortune in fuel.
Don't think I could compete with the Post Office though -the gaskets I ordered at 5pm yesterday afternoon arrived at 9am this morning.

stinkey

« Reply #9819 on: September 09, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »

Well maybe around Basingstoke ?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9820 on: September 09, 2017, 06:22:53 PM »

Smiley
My view all afternoon. Gearbox more or less scrubbed clean now, so tackling the depressingly rusty chassis. I've wire brushed all the loose stuff off & left it this evening soaking up a heavy coat of Fertan rust killer.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9821 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05:54 PM »

My day off today, but I'm leaving the rust treatment to do it's thing for a day or so, so did a few errands instead.
Over to Camberley in Surrey to buy some stainless imperial bolts for the gearbox, (the local bolt shop only does metric in stainless).
Then stopped off at JackHammer hotrod shop in Farnborough, Hampshire, just for a chat with Miles, the owner.
Then back to Basingstoke, but just as I arrived, the phone rang -my powder coated parts were done. So straight over to Newbury in Berkshire to collect them.
Then I had to pull over on the way back to answer the phone again. My bike saddle & gaiters for the Pop were done, so straight back, through Basingstoke & on to Wokingham in Berkshire to pick them up.
So nothing actually done on the car, but lots of parts sorted.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9822 on: September 11, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »

New gearchange gaiter. Slightly taller than the last one & tighter at the neck, so it doesn't leave the top of the stick showing. Better quality leather too.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9823 on: September 11, 2017, 10:17:42 PM »

And a new handbrake lever gaiter. Well, more like a skirt. The previous one was very thin leather that I bought on Ebay & was stitched by Loony's Mum to my paper pattern. It covered the back of the lever, but pulled very tight when the brake was on & just looked a bit odd. It only needs to cover the hole in the gearbox tunnel where the lever comes up through it, & I quite like the whole length of the lever showing. So this version just fits around the base. The upholsterer stitched in a drawstring so I can pull the neck in to suit.

stinkey

« Reply #9824 on: September 12, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »

Looks like 2 Muslims ? Ones got a missile launcher in his hand ? Grin

Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: