March 29, 2024, 06:20:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1537550 times)
Baychimp

« Reply #9630 on: July 17, 2017, 10:37:49 PM »

Yes Mum Smiley
Still plodding on with replacing & refurbishing parts on the back end. Fuel system now sorted as far as the back of the cab, top 4 bar link rods repainted & rose joints refurbished, (a pig of a job to re-fit on my own. Many, many swear words were uttered & a few new ones invented). Also started treating the surface rust on the chassis under the cab.

I have been a bit busy just lately. But I am just a text message away.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9631 on: July 18, 2017, 02:49:08 PM »

Thanks -I may take you up on that at some point!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
paulywombats

« Reply #9632 on: July 18, 2017, 06:07:17 PM »

Hey Andy, there is some very good work going on with your pop.

Very impressive, like it!

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9633 on: July 18, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »

Ha! It's prettier in photos than real life, believe me! Smiley

paulywombats

« Reply #9634 on: July 18, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »

Ain't we all!!!

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
twisted

« Reply #9635 on: July 19, 2017, 08:16:40 AM »

andy with your weight tube could you not use a hollow tube, attach/make the adjustments you need then fill it with concrete? or slabs under the bed?

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9636 on: July 19, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »

Any sort of slab would have to go on top of the chassis as there's no room underneath it. I was only thinking lead shot cos it's what my brother uses on his dragster.
Just an idea while I'm working on other stuff, that's all. I just like the look of it bare.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #9637 on: July 19, 2017, 02:28:40 PM »

For christsakes just forget weights etc..drive it round the block first..it will let you know? I once put a Chevy small block in a pop chassis and drove it around our estate for hours..didn't give a poopoo about weights..it was SO MUCH FUN..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9638 on: July 19, 2017, 02:40:17 PM »

Cheesy Just drive it?
Spent a while laying under the cab, painting zinc red oxide primer over the rust killer this evening. With the body on, there's a few areas I just can't get to, but I'll clean up & weatherproof as much as I can. The cab will come off at some point for a proper spray job, inside & out, & then the chassis can be blasted & sprayed -but not for another year at least.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:13:13 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9639 on: July 19, 2017, 09:16:16 PM »

I found a length of heatproof sleeving, left over from the SVA registration test, so sleeved the rubber fuel lines with it as the exhaust system will run underneath them.

JayJay

« Reply #9640 on: July 20, 2017, 12:41:42 AM »

Cheesy Just drive it?
Spent a while laying under the cab, painting zinc red oxide primer over the rust killer this evening. With the body on, there's a few areas I just can't get to, but I'll clean up & weatherproof as much as I can. The cab will come off at some point for a proper spray job, inside & out, & then the chassis can be blasted & sprayed -but not for another year at least.

Gosh and I remember a time on Good Friday when it was all in one piece and looking mighty fine. Erm, how many years ago was that?  Tongue Cheesy

Come on Andy put it together as it is and enjoy it now. You might get run over by an out of control mail trolley tomorrow (or whenever you are working next if tomorrow's your day off)!  Shocked Cry

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
poprodder

« Reply #9641 on: July 20, 2017, 05:21:18 AM »

but not for another year at least.

or ten!!!!!

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #9642 on: July 20, 2017, 06:13:35 AM »

The collective seems to be telling you to stop worrying about rust on your chassis it's gonna outlive you Grin just concentrate on the pop for now,I know how you feel because I'm ready to burn my trike at the moment ? (Electrics )

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9643 on: July 20, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »

Got electrical problems on the Pop and my bike at the moment. If you find a good mobile sparky, willing to work on custom stuff, send him my way please.
Jay Jay, that was four years ago! Sad I drove it for the whole of 2013 in bare metal & it's stood outside on a farmyard ever since. For the last couple of months of that year it was driven with salt on the roads. So the chassis under the cab is covered in crusty rusty stuff & ain't pretty. It's solid, but I don't want the MOT guy seeing it like that.
The "Fertan" rust killer I'm using seems to actually work -paint it on, leave it a few days, then you can paint over it, but if you scrape it off it seems to be clean metal again underneath. I could slap a heavy coat of black on & leave it at that, but for the sake of a few more days, I can do a half decent job that should last a few more years. I drilled the back end of the chassis & sprayed inside the rails, but couldn't reach very far with the nozzle so not sure how effective it was. So for the cab area I'll just do the outside surfaces.
Need to paint this area of the chassis, under the back of the cab, so I can refit the axle locating rod.

terry t

« Reply #9644 on: July 21, 2017, 08:25:50 PM »

Got electrical problems on the Pop and my bike at the moment. If you find a good mobile sparky, willing to work on custom stuff, send him my way please.
Jay Jay, that was four years ago! Sad I drove it for the whole of 2013 in bare metal & it's stood outside on a farmyard ever since. For the last couple of months of that year it was driven with salt on the roads. So the chassis under the cab is covered in crusty rusty stuff & ain't pretty. It's solid, but I don't want the MOT guy seeing it like that.
The "Fertan" rust killer I'm using seems to actually work -paint it on, leave it a few days, then you can paint over it, but if you scrape it off it seems to be clean metal again underneath. I could slap a heavy coat of black on & leave it at that, but for the sake of a few more days, I can do a half decent job that should last a few more years. I drilled the back end of the chassis & sprayed inside the rails, but couldn't reach very far with the nozzle so not sure how effective it was. So for the cab area I'll just do the outside surfaces.
Need to paint this area of the chassis, under the back of the cab, so I can refit the axle locating rod.

If you both were a it closer I would big out the multi meter and crimping tools and help out Sad
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: