April 29, 2024, 05:52:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1551008 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #840 on: October 23, 2008, 12:53:36 AM »

Every time Loony walks past the Pop he tries out another colour on it.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #841 on: October 23, 2008, 12:58:33 AM »

I'm seriously tempted by this one. Sort of airforce blue. Or maybe duck egg blue? (he recently sprayed some household radiators in it). I think satin or matt blue with gloss black chassis & running gear & a black outline version of the logo on the doors would look pretty smart.

VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #842 on: October 23, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »

the rad/fan looks like a good fit, colours sound ok as well Smiley but as you now there's a few steps before that happens m8e Grin also sounds like you may be changing the logo colours Smiley

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #843 on: October 23, 2008, 11:14:51 AM »

The logo colours of the website are never changing! -took us months to decide on those!
Taz's Charger's going to have black outline logos on the doors, on a plain battleship grey paintjob with the chrome bumpers & trim powder-coated black. So a bluey grey paintjob & black detailing on mine would make them a "his 'n' hers" pair, but with enough differences that they don't look like carbon copies.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #844 on: October 25, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »

After getting up at 3.30 this morning, (earlier start at the Post Office on Saturdays than the rest of the week), & trudging the streets all morning I was very cold & very tired, so didn't stay long at Chez Loony today.
Long enough to say Hi to my brother, Brock, & Mrs Brock who called in to deliver a gearbox to PD & to get some drag team embroidery done by the guy who does our merchandise. Nice to see you, you two.  Wink
The front radius arms are now finished. They attach to the chassis with rose joints & locate the axle.
The hub in the photo is a standard Triumph Vitesse one. I'll buy new discs but will refurbish the calipers.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 06:26:37 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #845 on: October 25, 2008, 06:25:02 PM »

I tried to warm up by smoothing off all the welds on the Pop's front cross member with a flap wheel on the angle grinder, but eventually admitted defeat & brought the exhaust headers home to fettle tomorrow. Having paid Valley Gas Speed Shop to produce the basic chassis for us, we then cut the front cross member out again & raised it. The spring perch is welded to it, so raising it lowers the front of the car. We gussetted it on either side for added strength, so there was a patchwork of welds to smooth out. The open ends of the main chassis legs have also been trimmed back flush with the cross member & plated over.   

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #846 on: October 25, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »

The arse in this shot belongs to Mr Lunatic. Pull your trousers up lad! He's a tad over 6 foot tall, so it gives you some idea of the ride height of the Pop.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #847 on: October 26, 2008, 02:24:45 PM »

Got home yesterday to find Taz had decided to help by stripping the Holley carb down ready to strip the blue anodising off & fit the rebuild kit. Jeez, I hope she knows how it goes back together!  Shocked

tazet
« Reply #848 on: October 26, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »

erm  Huh 

Grin
brock

« Reply #849 on: October 26, 2008, 06:51:50 PM »

I pulled this off of the net just last night, we are going to strip all the anodised bits we have and maybe redo them

http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

It will strip with a quick dip in a bath of caustic soda (allegedly)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #850 on: October 26, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »

Not sure if our carb parts are anodised. Looks like they may be painted.
Loony gave me some truck cleaner that he's used to strip anodising before & it didn't touch the stuff on our bits. So Taz very carefully used NitroMors paint stripper. Took the blue straight off, to reveal what looks like unpolished chrome underneath. Result. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:02:02 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

brock

« Reply #851 on: October 27, 2008, 12:46:29 AM »

that may be zink chromate, soft silvery yellow colour a lot of fuel parts are finished in, or maybe yellow passivated zink, I can never remember which, I think that it means a zinc surface that has been treated with a hexivalent chrome compound so the simple answer is you're right. Thinking about it all the parts on that "baby hemi" that weren't polished or chromed were painted blue, good looking engine, should have taken it when he offered it with the car.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #852 on: October 27, 2008, 01:02:18 AM »

Well the carb's mine, all mine! harr ha, ha!
So there.
Ha! I was right for once!  Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #853 on: October 31, 2008, 01:05:34 AM »

Started looking at mounting the radiator & grille shell today.
I wasn't keen on the square bottom edge of the grille surround. It's designed to bolt to the inner wings, which we're not using, so looked sort of -unfinished. So I marked it out in white Tippex pen & we slimmed it down a little. Looks much better.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #854 on: October 31, 2008, 01:07:01 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: